Forum Member

Default Paul Conway Shields

How long did it take people to get their paul conway shield?

Forum Member

I paid the rush fee and had mine in 4 days. However, the shield looked nothing like the picture of it on the Shield Builder. The passport font was terrible. Loked like a 4 year old made it. The lower ID line font was too small. It looked super cheap. I wrote an e-mail to the customer service department explaining that i was not happy at all with getting a shield that looked nothing like picture of it online and the response was "That is just the way things are". Not even a "Sorry you are not happy". So Paul Conway will never see another dime of my money.

Forum Member

I have never seen a PC helmet front that made me want to buy one.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Mine arrived about a week later. I planned on ordering it from The Fire Store but all the lettering would not fit on the bottom line so I ordered it from Paul Conway. It looked great no complaints.

Forum Member

My department orders all our fronts from paul conway. Usually get to the station in 2-3 weeks, always look good, and customer service always takes care of us.

Forum Member

does anyone remember how paul conway shipped the shields (ie which company and method) for standard shipping?

Forum Member

Should be USPS

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hockeylax View Post
    How long did it take people to get their paul conway shield?
    Our last order was just "passport" Velcro inserts for a new rig (sewn leather numbers on a leather rectangle with Velcro on the back). The order never got input into their system, so I waited, and waited. When I finally called, they were very apologetic and admitted their fault, and had the order done in a few days.

Everyone makes mistakes obviously. I'd call and ask what's up. The quality of the products we received from them has always been good. They've done two chaplain's shields for us that were well done also.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

I ordered a Paul Conway shield when I got promoted to Deputy. I got it within a week and it looked fine.

‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    I ordered a Paul Conway shield when I got promoted to Deputy. I got it within a week and it looked fine.

Are you warming it up so you can put Da Bronx Bend on it??
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Nah.. just a good photo op in front of my gas fireplace!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

nice, now this is going to sound stupid, but did u just drill into the leather to mounted?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hockeylax View Post
    nice, now this is going to sound stupid, but did u just drill into the leather to mounted?
    I used a Dremel with a drill bit when I mounted ours that weren't pre-drilled. Used a silver sharpie to mark the holes through the mounts, and checked a dozen times for alignment before drilling.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I used a Dremel with a drill bit when I mounted ours that weren't pre-drilled. Used a silver sharpie to mark the holes through the mounts, and checked a dozen times for alignment before drilling.
    Measure twice, cut once.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I love it when people mount a new shield one a new helmet at the firehouse. You always have the guy measuring, with 5 people behind him saying it not lined up. Another 5 guys telling him a better way to do it. After drilling the holes and mounting another 5 guys tell him it is tilted to the left. Nothing is more fun then watching the fustration build. i usually like to aginst the herd and tell em it is tilted to the right, and watch the confusion grow.

Only thing that is better is when a guys car needs to be worked on suddenly eveyone is a auto mechanic.

Forum Member

I love it when people mount a new shield one a new helmet at the firehouse. You always have the guy measuring, with 5 people behind him saying it not lined up. Another 5 guys telling him a better way to do it. After drilling the holes and mounting another 5 guys tell him it is tilted to the left. Nothing is more fun then watching the fustration build. i usually like to aginst the herd and tell em it is tilted to the right, and watch the confusion grow.

Only thing that is better is when a guys car needs to be worked on suddenly eveyone is a auto mechanic.

Truest Statement I heard in awhile. LMAO

Thread Information