Thread: SOG/SOPs

Forum Member

Default SOG/SOPs

For those looking for what direction to go towards in developing SOG/SOPs, I work for a emergency preparedness consulting firm that does everything from conducting full-scale exercises writing plans (EOP, COOP, HMEP, etc) to assisting in grant writing/application. We've been working with local depts (one of which I am a member) in assisting them with creating formal SOGs. We were contracted through 2 local LEPCs, and soon to contract a 3rd within the last short period to do this for all FDs, EMS, and LE in each respective county.

What we've done is create templates of various operations/procedures (MAYDAY, fire ground operations, emergency evac, administrative, responses, etc.), 51 total (not counting the 39 EMS SOGs) that includes some information that's very general, as I know not all information is relevant across the board. There is information included to be reviewed and amended, as well as other talking points to be addressed. Example: "Include information here on how accountability tags are to be used on scene". This way, you've got the nuts and bolts down pat, and space and thinking points for more specific items.

If you want some more information about what we've worked on or would be interested in such a project for your dept, feel free to PM me or contact me at btacy@jhcemergencypreparedness.com

http://www.jhcemergencypreparedness.com/

Forum Member

Attached is the Table of Contents of all FD SOGs created thus far. Additional SOGs are endless...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Forum Member

Been getting a lot of requests for SOGs/SOPs...so bumping this back up

Thread Information