Forum Member

Del Vito - as far as experience, it is helpful to have some knowledge in a trade (plumbing, electrical, hvac...) but it is not required. The difficult part about getting business is having realtors provide buyers with your info. As a buyer, if you don't know of an inspector personally, then the realtors can give buyers a few they are familiar with Then the buyer calls and gets a price and a feel for each inspector.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    Don't cry because I've seen how far down and how money hungry crossfit has become. I suggest you research what you truly suggested to the man and realize why it's exactly the reason your "koolaid" is falling apart.

I won't ruin this thread any further.
    I don't drink the Kool-Aid. I don't even really do CrossFit anymore; I've moved on to hybrid programs better suited to my needs as a firefighter.

You're absolutely right. CrossFit has sold out and become a caricature of itself, and Greg Glassman and Dave Castro are complete dingbats.

However, there are hybrid programs that work very well. In fact, there are many successful gyms that have used the CrossFit name to drive traffic, and run their own specific type of program. Usually something with a heavy focus on strength, with a mix of effective metabolic conditioning. Many are seeing a great deal of success using this model.

My comment about opening a gym was more or less a tongue in cheek rave on how hot CrossFit chicks are.

I'm not sure what retarded d-bag response you're going to come up with next...but it will at least be mildly entertaining to watch you fumble with your words.
    Last edited by powerhourcoug; 08-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del Vito View Post
    Actully I have thought about both the home inspection business and the fitness business.

sachese1, I am sure prior contracting inexperince is helpful when working toward becoming a home inspector, but is it necessary? If took a course an got licenced, do you think that would be enough to start?

powerhourcoug, when you say "Get your CrossFit Level 1" what does that intail? Is it a personal trainer course?
    It's a trainer course for CrossFit - a prerequisite to opening your own gym. A well administered gym can be a good source of money. Do you CrossFit?

MembersZone Subscriber

So I say crossfit box ownership isn't viable for someone in this guys case and you get upset.

I then explain myself which isn't an attack on you nor the program itself and you agree, yet still are upset.....

And I'm the one whose childish? Whatever kiddo.

Good luck to op in whatever business venture you choose.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Teach First aid and CPR. You can use the skills you know best and set your own schedule. You have instant credibility just walking in the door as a firefighter or paramedic. You can set you own schedule and the money is really good. Check out EMSSafety.com
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Forum Member

So I say crossfit box ownership isn't viable for someone in this guys case and you get upset.

I then explain myself which isn't an attack on you nor the program itself and you agree, yet still are upset.....

And I'm the one whose childish? Whatever kiddo.

Good luck to op in whatever business venture you choose.
    You're an idiot.

Forum Member

Cool

im trying to join the National Guard Infantry, so then ill be firefighting in both jobs hopefully i go Airborne !

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by powerhourcoug View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Upon second thought, your ego is too fragile to hear anything that doesn't kiss your *** so I'll remove it. Good luck in life.
    Last edited by tajm611; 08-17-2011 at 04:17 AM.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

lol.was having a rough day here at work. That took the cake!lol

Forum Member

Upon second thought, your ego is too fragile to hear anything that doesn't kiss your *** so I'll remove it. Good luck in life.
    Thanks for the respite simpleton...I was in the fetal position (assuming your country #ss knows what that is...if not...google it) weeping and and your gracious edit rescued me from the abyss...your rough around the edges internet tough guy routine has awakened me to my apparent lack of ego stability.

I'll be certain to think twice about future interactions on these boards when you're lurking, in an effort to protect my fragile paradigm.

I said I don't back CrossFit...but CrossFit is growing. Period. A VERY viable business model in the hands of a capable entrepreneur. Low overhead, high cash flow (do you know what cash flow is?), and opportune expansion opportunities.

Howl all you want you silly rube...but anyone beyond a 10th grade reading level (i.e. anyone living outside Louisiana) can read between the lines and know you've being plain retarded and that you need to put your little squirrel d#ck back in your filthy little pants...

Keep bringing your pathetic little barbs...I've got plenty of time...

MembersZone Subscriber

All that time and this is all you could come up with? Come on, try again and put some effort into it.

Forum Member

Whatever you decide to do, don't fill all of your downtime with work. Life is too short =)
    Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Thread Information