Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

first time on these forums in years, and right off the bat I see Tik, you still eating sand or just lurking on the boards?

MembersZone Subscriber

Just lurking, but still have a couple of my boys playing in the sand, so I get some info from boots on the ground.

Forum Member

Default kbr

[QUOTE=mikel.tyler;1290615][QUOTE=ACofthedesert;1290447]Mike you just need to be persistent. Try sending your resume directly to the recruiters. They also all have phones where you can leave a voice mail. You have a diverse background but should also look at getting your inspector I & II and telecommunicator I & II classes. There are always positions open for Inspectors and dispatchers and that would be a good way to get your foot in the door. that being said realize that the contract world in Iraq and in Afghanistan is shrinking and the dollars are as well. You should apply for the LOGCP Firefighter positions on the KBR website. They will be hiring in the next month or so for the DoS LOGCAP IV Task order and you may have some luck there.
    hey mike send me kbr reps name in a pm to me please

Forum Member

Default recruiters

When I was able to find the recruiters phone/email I did call and leave a message and sent them an email. I just can't figure out why I haven't been tapped for either a fire job, medical job, or even a security job since I have experience in all 3. I'm currently licensed/certified in the fire and medical fields, have my passport book, held a secret clearance before, was certified as a small arms expert in the military, was qual'd on the M-9, M-16, M-249, M-203, and know I wouldn't have any problem getting qual'd again or even getting my secret clearance back, and have the full support of my employer and could leave as little as a week's notice...hell, I'd even be willing to do the job for 75k and I don't care where I get deployed to.

Quote Originally Posted by mikel.tyler View Post
    When I was able to find the recruiters phone/email I did call and leave a message and sent them an email. I just can't figure out why I haven't been tapped for either a fire job, medical job, or even a security job since I have experience in all 3. I'm currently licensed/certified in the fire and medical fields, have my passport book, held a secret clearance before, was certified as a small arms expert in the military, was qual'd on the M-9, M-16, M-249, M-203, and know I wouldn't have any problem getting qual'd again or even getting my secret clearance back, and have the full support of my employer and could leave as little as a week's notice...hell, I'd even be willing to do the job for 75k and I don't care where I get deployed to.
    At the risk of being ... harsh.

Perhaps they are not so worried about all that, and something elsewhere in your resume is scaring them off?

Your secret entac clearance is simply a computer check unless something pops up. They are going to do it regardless of you having one previously. Firearms? They are going to redo all those again too.

Forum Member

Default scaring them off?

I'm not sure what could possibly be scaring them off unless it's the fact that I'm licensed and certified in multiple things lol I would think that would be to my advantage? I know if I was running a company doing those types of things and I had an applicant who has experience in police/security, fire, and medical....I would be all over that person. Because I know they could handle any situation that arose.....but that's just me.

MembersZone Subscriber fallujahff's Avatar

I'm not sure what could possibly be scaring them off unless it's the fact that I'm licensed and certified in multiple things lol I would think that would be to my advantage? I know if I was running a company doing those types of things and I had an applicant who has experience in police/security, fire, and medical....I would be all over that person. Because I know they could handle any situation that arose.....but that's just me.
    Not necessarily--makes too much sense --they may be worried that you would walk to another job-NOT that I am saying that is what is going on or what you would do--just pointing out that speculating will get you no where. It could be something as simple as they might not notice your app yet. When I went with WSI we never had enough applicants and could not keep enough warm bodies in country. I know from application to in-country was literally a 2 week affair. They even waited to do the background check until I was actually working. Now-with the economy so bad and contracts winding down, I am pretty sure there are way more applicants than positions hence the salaries coming down and it getting harder to get people in country. I know also that new security clearance requirements are making it more difficult to get people in country (both Iraq and Afghanistan).

AC is really right, hang in there and keep trying other contractors as well. Don't hang your hat on one or the other....
    "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

As owner of a company, I would look at the "handle any situation that arose" as a sign of maybe being cocky. I would not want my medics trying to be cops, my firefighters trying to be cops, etc.

I would want people who get along well with others, even more so if I was going to have such an investment in them as KBR will before you even start real work. If you get over there and are all cocky, it could cause hate and discontent, never a good thing in the workplace.

Just something to look at. You may be so well loved that your co-workers lay nubile young virgins at your feet as you walk in the door, your charisma may be visible from outer space.

IMHO YMMV VWP

All of you are nuts to stay in that country and work for KBR, they have always hated the FF's from Day one. With no military presence there and no SOFA you fall under Iraqi law, which is hap-hazard to say the best. THe only thing KBR is worried about is inspections and play firefighters the Chiefs in charge are nothing more the paper chiefs.

Thread Information