Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default emergency t.v. show question

somebody ask me the other day if in one of the episodes if Roy or Johnny worked at a brush station?

MembersZone Subscriber

All that I remember is that they are watching a HUGE veg fire on TV and then get sent to it to provide Medical Support at the Base Camp. As we know, they always get sent to "something" and ended-up having to bury themselves with dirt to avoid being run-over. As far as being actually assigned to a Brush Station, none that I remember. I even went so far as to review the backs of my DVD Series (yep, I've got them all).
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

thanks for the help

Default Rescue 51

Mikeyboy....I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the DVD's of Emergency. They even just had an open house @127's where it was filmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

They have all 7 seasons of Emergency now availalble on DVD.

As far as I can remember they worked several brush fires but were never assigned to a Brush Camp.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    Mikeyboy....I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the DVD's of Emergency. They even just had an open house @127's where it was filmed.
    Neeeeeeat! I'd give a nickel to go there someday. My 7-year-old is determined to get to Hollywood, so maybe we can run by their after all her auditions
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

There are a few episodes where Squad 51 ends up at command centers or at another station. Your episode might be the one where Johnny and Roy are miffed that they are the only guys not paged out to a big brush fire. They eventually go and set up at Station 65 (I think). Like mikeyboy said, they end up going out on a rescue and get trapped by the fire. The episode is called "Inferno" in season 3.

I can think of another episode in the last real season (6) where floods wash out bridges and they are stranded at Station 86. They set up a mini hospital in the bunk room and treat various injuries and illnesses. I believe it is called "Isolation". It's been a while since I've seen it, so I don't remember any more details off the top of my head.

You can "visit" 127 on Google maps.
    The question I always had was about the 127 station itself. Where did they put the real rigs while they were shooting the show? Just park them nearby? I know that the only time 127 was actually used was for the shots of the rigs coming out of the station but you still figure they need some time to set up the lights, cameras and such.
    I like watching the series BUT have a problem with all the stock footage. Gee how many times do they drive past the blue warehouse? Or over the bridge near the train yard??

And there were a lot of combinations...day, night, sunny, rainy, squad only, engine only, squad and engine, turning left out of station, turning right out of station...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

There is another brush call where Roy gets bit by a snake, starts an IV on himself and is transported on the hosebed of the engine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer534 View Post
    There is another brush call where Roy gets bit by a snake, starts an IV on himself and is transported on the hosebed of the engine.
    That was an MVA over a cliff. A forestry dozer was clearing brush along the road and saw the crash. A forestry Huey dropped a load of water on the car to keep the ensuing car fire from spreading, but it wasn't paged as a brush fire. The dozer cleared a path straight down the hill to the car and one of the FF's put the engine fire out with a fire extinguisher. John Gage went back after his portable after the rescue and was bitten by a rattler. It's episode "Snakebite" from season three.

Forum Member

All of the seasons are on Netflix instant watch now, too.

I like how they are first in at the harbor, in the industrial area, in the commercial area, at the school, on the mountain top, in the desert, and sometimes suburban too.

And they get on the scenes of their EMS calls, do all their work and turn it over to the ambulance without one word of report. Must be how California's system got it's start.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by insidethebox View Post
    All of the seasons are on Netflix instant watch now, too.

I like how they are first in at the harbor, in the industrial area, in the commercial area, at the school, on the mountain top, in the desert, and sometimes suburban too.

And they get on the scenes of their EMS calls, do all their work and turn it over to the ambulance without one word of report. Must be how California's system got it's start.
    Now that I have all 7 seasons on DVD (6 regular seasons + 1 tv movie season), it figures that they would suddenly put them all on Netflix. .

It's interesting how the show evolved as far as the way they operated. I don't know how much of it was the way the show was written or how much the paramedic program evolved in those years. Probably a little of both. It loosely parallels the evolution of the casts' haircuts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tbzep View Post
    That was an MVA over a cliff. A forestry dozer was clearing brush along the road and saw the crash. A forestry Huey dropped a load of water on the car to keep the ensuing car fire from spreading, but it wasn't paged as a brush fire. The dozer cleared a path straight down the hill to the car and one of the FF's put the engine fire out with a fire extinguisher. John Gage went back after his portable after the rescue and was bitten by a rattler. It's episode "Snakebite" from season three.
    Dude you are so right. That was a classic.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Emergency

You are mostly correct, the incorrect part is that a Forestry Dozer and Forestry Huey were involved. They were LACoFD Units, yes LA County did start as a Forestry FD, but they have been the County FD for many years now. LA County is a Contract County with the State, so they have sole responsibility for F/G within LA County. Lately, CalFire has been moving Units into the County during high fire danger times and responding with LA County.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    You are mostly correct, the incorrect part is that a Forestry Dozer and Forestry Huey were involved. They were LACoFD Units, yes LA County did start as a Forestry FD, but they have been the County FD for many years now. LA County is a Contract County with the State, so they have sole responsibility for F/G within LA County. Lately, CalFire has been moving Units into the County during high fire danger times and responding with LA County.
    Were they not a forestry division of the LACoFD? I was not inferring that it was the USDA Forest Service or State Forestry Division. I don't know how the different components of the LACoFD are laid out so I just called it "forestry" because I assumed they weren't based out of a standard fire station.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Looks like I should have said an LACoFD Heavy Equipment Unit dozer was clearing brush and a LACoFD Air Ops Huey dumped water, assuming both divisions were established in name by 1971-1972 when season 3 was filmed. I didn't see a starting date on the Air Ops page, and the Heavy Equipment division said "early seventies".

MembersZone Subscriber

CaptOldTimer, thanks for adding that..... Was gonna add it myself, but we were super busy at work this Tour.

LACoFD is (1) FD, that has several junctions like most of us do in So. California. No problem, wasn't intending to harshly correct ya. When "Forestry" is mentioned here, it normally means the State (CalFire).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    CaptOldTimer, thanks for adding that..... Was gonna add it myself, but we were super busy at work this Tour.

LACoFD is (1) FD, that has several junctions like most of us do in So. California. No problem, wasn't intending to harshly correct ya. When "Forestry" is mentioned here, it normally means the State (CalFire).
    It is here too. I just assumed it was an LA Forestry division, not thinking that the helicopters may have been set up for more than just supression. IIRC, they even flew victims out in the choppers with drop tanks in more than one episode. BTW, I'm glad you mentioned it or I'd never have found out what I did.

Thread Information