MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Human Relations-FireTeam and Others

I have taken the FireTeam test 3 times now and have aced all the categories except the Human Relations portion. I have been a volunteer FF for 3 years, and I feel that my personality meshes very well with the department. However, according to this test and others like it, I am not a good fit. I know there HAS to be a specific way to answer these type of questions. I know with the legal disclaimer at the beginning of the video specifics cannot be discussed but is there a book or a way to score better on this these type of tests? Please help!
    Thanks, God Bless and Be Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

No book or anything I know of, but if I were going to take it again, I would answer the questions by doing everything I could to help my fellow Brothers and do my best to solve any problem that comes up, either within the firehouse or with the public.

Hope that helps you. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by buick0067 View Post
    I have taken the FireTeam test 3 times now and have aced all the categories except the Human Relations portion. I have been a volunteer FF for 3 years, and I feel that my personality meshes very well with the department. However, according to this test and others like it, I am not a good fit. I know there HAS to be a specific way to answer these type of questions. I know with the legal disclaimer at the beginning of the video specifics cannot be discussed but is there a book or a way to score better on this these type of tests? Please help!
    Thanks, God Bless and Be Safe
    I've heard from current FF's that the way it is done "in the house" and the way it is "correct" in the test are not the same. I've had them tell me no way they would be able to pass any test applicants have to take.

So with that in mind, answer the questions that you feel is in your gut right.. not what goes on in the house or you have seen.

Forum Member

Mmmmm...Shepherd's pie!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks All.
    I have the opportunity to take this test again next month. I will change my tactics and see what happens. I really don't like tests that are so subjective like this one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerhourcoug View Post
    Mmmmm...Shepherd's pie!!!!
    Thats Awesome!

Shorty.

Forum Member

I'm taking one for the first time next month. Been reading up on it and researching as much as possible to prepare. Went on the website and they do have practice tests so I'll probably look into that as well.

Forum Member

I have taken the test 2 times and will be taking it again in 1/12 I always get a kick out of how big of a deal the ketchup situation is... and the lawyer at the biggining is priceless

MembersZone Subscriber

I also have trouble getting a high score on the HR portion. Here is an example: If their is a person that you would not get along with in reality, would you want to say NO I would not get along with this person. I have heard that if you say YES, you would most likely end up with a lower score because in reality this is a person that you would not get along with. Kind of goes back to what FireFuss said. Any comments.
    Last edited by nnfra200302; 04-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information