Thread: WTB Keiser Sled

Forum Member

Default WTB Keiser Sled

Anyone out in FH land have or know of a keiser sled that may be for sale? Our department is looking to purchase one, and searching for a cheaper price than the $2,500 through Keiser.

Forum Member

I have the blueprints from the first link. The second link is fantastic though! We are having problems finding anyone to make one for us. Have a lot of promises, but no follow throughs. I could only hope if someone made us one that it would turn out that well! Thanks for the links

Forum Member

Bring the design to your area's Technical High School. Their metal working shop should be able to perform the labor, all you would need to do is supply the materials. The students get to work, you get the machine. If you go this route, you will want to recognize the school by putting a small plaque or lettering the machine withtheh schoool name and date.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Bring the design to your area's Technical High School. Their metal working shop should be able to perform the labor, all you would need to do is supply the materials. The students get to work, you get the machine. If you go this route, you will want to recognize the school by putting a small plaque or lettering the machine withtheh schoool name and date.
    Our tech center just started back to school this week. This is a route we are going to explore. I was told that the tech center here no longer has a machining/metal class, only a welding class. But that is a route we are going to try. We have a machinist in another city that has done some work on our apparatus (modified/repaired sliding trays) and did some work for me on my race bike years ago (did for free for me), so we're going to see if he would be interested. Some businesses I'm sure would be inclined to help, as they could use it as a donation and tax right off, but there's no easy way to ask for free work, which I would never expect. But first have to bring it up and vote upon at our next meeting, to set a limit as to what we may spend.

Thanks for the input everyone...

Forum Member

I know of one that is for sale if you are still liking for one .

Thread Information