Forum Member

Default Pre-Plan CAD Programs

So our small two station department has a book of pre-plans that was probably designed in the mid-fifties and hasn't changed since then. Things have changed a lot since then and I am looking to take on the task of updating the plans. We dont have any CAD programs lying around the department and limited funds. Does anyone have any ideas on what programs might be available? Aprreciate the info,

Ty

Forum Member

Do a search the question has come up

Are you just looking for a drawing program???

If so there are many simple home drawing programs out there

CFSI/CFSII/CFEI

Default Preplan

Take a look at this program. It works well for drawing and adding elements ( electrical panels ect.) Less of a learning curve than CAD.

http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/pp...FSUEQAod0UnnNQ

MembersZone Subscriber

Some other options are:

Microsoft Visio or Fire Zone by Cadzone. If you want to illiminate the binders like we have here, Cadzone also makes a computer based program to store them on called Firstlook Pro. This progrma is rather simple and cheap compared to some of the others out there.

Forum Member

Thanks for the suggestions....

So far those that i have come across and checked out at your recommendations are not quite what i had in mind. I hear there is a program out there that actually links to google earth and if you are able to input some of the basic dimensions of a structure it calculates the total square footage of the structure... Sounds great but as i said i have only heard rumors. I am definitely looking for something more geared toward a fire service application. Does anyone have any experience with the Firehouse Sketch Program??

MembersZone Subscriber

The firehouse software is nice but very pricey. Each module cost around 1000 dollars. I use the pre-plan module here at my dept and microsoft viso for the drawings. Just a note you want more bang for your buck check with your 911 center and there cad may be able to hold pre-plans it makes it easier to just have them do all the work and lets you plan for your stragety for attack rather then fumbling around with a computer in the truck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce9Eng View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions....

So far those that i have come across and checked out at your recommendations are not quite what i had in mind. I hear there is a program out there that actually links to google earth and if you are able to input some of the basic dimensions of a structure it calculates the total square footage of the structure... Sounds great but as i said i have only heard rumors. I am definitely looking for something more geared toward a fire service application. Does anyone have any experience with the Firehouse Sketch Program??
    www.getblazemark.com
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce9Eng View Post
    So our small two station department has a book of pre-plans that was probably designed in the mid-fifties and hasn't changed since then. Things have changed a lot since then and I am looking to take on the task of updating the plans. We dont have any CAD programs lying around the department and limited funds. Does anyone have any ideas on what programs might be available? Aprreciate the info,

Ty
    Digital Sandbox has new program available. The Pre Incident Fire Planner

http://www.dsbox.com/ds7-packaged-applications.html

Thread Information