Forum Member

Default 9/11 Patch Goes to 2011WPFG Games!

The 2011WPFG features the 9/11 Patch Project's 10 Yr 9/11 3-Hero's Patch. The patch can be seen embroidered directly on all 56 team members' jerseys of the Melbourne Australia team and the other 10 Year 9/11 Original Patch can be seen on the FDNY Fire and Ice Hockey Team jerseys. The patches are available at the games on online here
    http://www.9-11patchproject.org/order.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brett Hill- Founder/Ret. FFPM & Local 3657 President
    9/11 Patch Project
    24307 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Ste 326
    Valencia, CA 91355
    http://www.9-11patchproject.org

Forum Member

Default something you all should read!

Look, admittedly I am not a veteran poster here on Firehouse. Maybe I don't have the credibility that many of you have--perhaps that is why many of my posts go unread. I don't limit myself to this site and in fact, over the past 10 years running this project, I try to post everywhere I can and as much as I can. Why do I do this? It's simple:

Almost 10 years ago, late September of 2001, I was in a coffee shop and saw a good friend of mine who was an LAFD Firefighter that had just returned from Ground Zero. In our short conversation, I asked him what he brought back from that life changing event. Somberly, he told me a story that would quickly change my life and actually improve the lives of millions around the world. He said as he was leaving GZ and shaking the hands of the FDNY firefighters he had worked alongside for two weeks, one grabbed his hand--looked him straight in the eye--and said, "PLEASE DON'T FORGET US." Four simple but incredibly touching words. I took these words as an opportunity to effect change and answer a simple request.

2 months later when 6 FDNY bike riders (Thank You America) tour rode their bikes from 33-Station in the Bowery (Manhattan) to Pasadena, California, I was there to unveil a banner. On this banner was a design for a new 9/11 Tribute Patch. And this kicked off the National Firefighters 9-11 Memorial Patch Project. In the months that followed, hundreds of orders for this patch poured in as firefighters across the country made a clear statement to the FDNY--they would make the pledge to Never Forget and wear their hearts on their sleeves. On the one year anniversary of 9/11, a check for $15,000 was sent to the UFA office. I am one man and spent 30 hours a week on top of my full time firefighter career filling orders, answering phone calls, designing a website and everything else necessary to run this project. I did not ask for anything in return.

Then firefighters from other countries began sending in pictures of their firefighters wearing the patch with the backdrop of the U.S. flag on it--and then deployed soldiers in Afghanistan sent pictures in. This project had crossed our boundaries and ignored politics.

Today, we are ending a 9 month tour of the united states that started in Manhattan Beach California and will end in Manhattan New York, 9/11/11. This tour has logged over 12000 miles and visited with over 150 fire houses having fellowship with firefighters and community members and raising funds through the sale of the 9/11 Patches and Decals. All funds being raised benefit the FDNY Bravest Scholarship Fund, Terry Farrell Fund and the Feal Good Foundation. More info on the tour here: http://www.9-11patchproject.org/10-year-plans.html

So if anyone made it this far, you should know this is the largest, longest running and farthest reaching 9/11 Project in the world. It now involves over 6000 organizations in 22 countries. Is your organization involved? If not, why?

My message here is people continue to miss out on great opportunities because they totally disregard those who are not in the "club." I will never become a veteran poster here on Firehouse, as far more important, I will continue working to help the world remember the hero's of 9/11. That is what I do and I am proud to do it.
    Brett Hill- Founder/Ret. FFPM & Local 3657 President
    9/11 Patch Project
    24307 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Ste 326
    Valencia, CA 91355
    http://www.9-11patchproject.org

Thread Information