Forum Member

@Brian - I was busy yesterday in Cobleskill - first at the FD then back to the fairgrounds.....hope your family is ok- flooding wasn't bad up this way - back rd from Cobleskill to me was fine, even crossing over 20....so which desk do you work? So I can call and but you when I'm tired! lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    @Brian - I was busy yesterday in Cobleskill - first at the FD then back to the fairgrounds.....hope your family is ok- flooding wasn't bad up this way - back rd from Cobleskill to me was fine, even crossing over 20....so which desk do you work? So I can call and but you when I'm tired! lol
    Im in the OPWDD desk in the bunker tonight and sunday night 12a-8a. First time in the SEMO EOC bunker and its a nice set up. Things are calming down here but getting hairy in Broome county, I have friends and co-workers there now trying to evacuate people.
    Stay safe and talk to you soon.
    If you are in the county Saturday night let me know, we will bring you and your hubby some food or whatever you guys need.
    "Amatuers train until they get it right, professionals train until they cant get it wrong."

Brian Jones, aka "Moose"
    Captain, Carlisle Fire Department

Forum Member

well - some good news is Cobleskill ICP demob'd Sat day - so no ot shift overnight.....

If you saw the goofy-looking guy at the fire desk the last 2 nights - that is my other half lol.....

Still pretty busy in Broome and Tioga Counties.....hoping hte possible t-storms stay away the next few days to let them all start to dry off!

Forum Member

Post Finally got a description

I finally found a description of what constitutes a SEFU. It was in the Apparatus Operator-Pump Student Manual.

2-3 FF's with full PPE and SCBA w/spare bottle
    4WD fire department owned vehicle
    Portable pump w/suction hose and strainer
    200 ft of discharge hose with fittings
    Portable generator w/adapters and lights
    Chain saw and shovels
    Fuel for portable equipment
    Carbon Monoxide gas detector meter
    Provisions for the firefighters for 48 hours of deployment
    "Your spill is our thrill."

Thread Information