Thread: WODs

Forum Member

Default WODs

Just curious, does anyone follow WOD's (Workouts of the Day) for their regular exercise? I currently do the Spartan Race WOD's which is kind of like Crossfit minus the equipment and add in more cardio. I do this work out 6 days out of the week with the seventh being my "Fire Days" Where I work out with Tools, hose drag, stairs etc. Soon I might start crossfit with my new gym membership, but I haven't quite decided. Any thoughts on this is welcome I was just curious how some of you prefer to work out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Save the money you'd spend on a crossfit membership and buy what you need from rogue. You'll end up much happier. When I lived in a third floor apartment, I still had a squat rack and did anything else I needed in the parking lot.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

So would you say that that works better? I've been doing workouts pretty much with no equipment besides an axe, stones for weight, and a tire on a strap to pull, lift etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

Better would depend on your needs and wants. Rogue is wonderful in both pricing, quality, and commitment to their products. I've made a considerable amount of equipment using thrown away fire equipment (hose, bottles, bought a weight vest...etc.)
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

I may check into that basically my needs are that I am the new guy and so I am constantly training to maximize my physical and mental strength so I can hang with the senior guys. I am also a Guardsmen (well swering in, in a few weeks) in an artillery unit so lifting and carrying 100 pound shells is also a priority. My wants however are that I want to participate in the Firefighter Combat Challenge in March and I want to take honor recruit when my class starts. So using that would you think continuing my reglar routine of using axe, tires, stones, and body resistance will be just fine?

Forum Member

This guy's workouts are pretty good: http://averagemanfitness.wordpress.c...ageguyfitness/

Very basic equipment needed.

Forum Member

i used to do WOD's on crossfit.com
    to be honest, they are hardcore, and my body can't always hold up to that type of use of energy!

remember "scaling" is a major part of crossfit. if you cant do lunges, do squats. they main go is the movements and weight x time= intensity!!!

between kids, work, etc.. i do what i can at the gym and try to keep my crossfit up.

i love kipping pull ups!

(im level 1 crossfit certified since 2009)
    http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/004963.html

middle picture, wearing a gray team quest shirt)

Thread Information