Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default Globe 6" Emergency Boots

    Anybody use these or have any experience? Do they fit similar to their structural boots at all? Is sizing close to the structural boots? I recently purchased a pair of the Globe Shadow boots and have been so impressed I was thinking of picking up a pair of these boots while they're on closeout at most places. They're pretty expensive, but given how their other boots fit and perform I think it would be worth it.

    Otherwise I'm considering giving the new 5.11 Company Boot 2.0's a shot.


  2. #2
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan19 View Post
    Anybody use these or have any experience? Do they fit similar to their structural boots at all? Is sizing close to the structural boots? I recently purchased a pair of the Globe Shadow boots and have been so impressed I was thinking of picking up a pair of these boots while they're on closeout at most places. They're pretty expensive, but given how their other boots fit and perform I think it would be worth it.

    Otherwise I'm considering giving the new 5.11 Company Boot 2.0's a shot.
    I can't speak for the 6" boot but there is a difference in sizing between the tech rescue and structural pull on boots. The 10.5 fit me like a glove in the fire boot but were a little loose in the tech rescue.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Forum Member GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    I wear a 13 in both the tech rescue and structural boots. Love them both.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Thanks for the replies, I couldn't find any locally and didn't want to get stuck with the wrong size and not being able to return a closeout item so I ordered the 5.11 Company 2.0 with a 20% coupon. They arrived today and so far after wearing them this evening they're great, light as hell and very comfortable. Time will tell how well they'll hold up, but at the moment I don't foresee any shortcomings. I'm on light duty for the next few weeks following a recent appendectomy so they won't be seeing too much use for another 3-4 weeks.

  5. #5
    Forum Member GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    My 5.11 station boots were junk. As were my Thorogoods. My current pair of Bates seems to be holding up ok. Next up is Haix.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  6. #6
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    My 5.11 station boots were junk. As were my Thorogoods. My current pair of Bates seems to be holding up ok. Next up is Haix.
    My brother had a pair of Haix and loved them, wore em out and decided to get the 5.11 boots cause he had some kind of deal on them as well, those boots didn't last him more than a few months before he ordered another pair of Haix. The 5.11's were literally falling apart.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Forum Member Lewiston2FF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backsteprescue123 View Post
    My brother had a pair of Haix and loved them, wore em out and decided to get the 5.11 boots cause he had some kind of deal on them as well, those boots didn't last him more than a few months before he ordered another pair of Haix. The 5.11's were literally falling apart.
    I have both the Haix and the Globe Technical Series Boots. I wear the Haix in the summer since the Globe boots are insulated and I dont need my feet sweating any more than they already do. I have the Airpower R1 boot and they have held up quite well. I wear them every day and have beat the hell out of them. They were affordable and are really comfortable. Not sure they will be good in the cold weather as they are minimally insulated and it can get quite chilly up here standing in the snow.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

  8. #8
    Forum Member Weruj1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    7,857

    Default

    I have a pair of 5.11 side zips 8".......and they have lasted me a good long time. I have always wondered hows those slip ons work as far as getting your feet in them and how they "fit" your feet interms of sloppiness and such.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boots, Haix or Globe
    By DCtwo in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 08:52 PM
  2. Globe Technical Rescue Boots
    By backsteprescue123 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 12:10 AM
  3. Flu Pandemic? Are emergency crews ready?
    By laddercompany in forum News Center
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 03:02 PM
  4. Help!
    By TED1435 in forum Emergency Vehicle Operations
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 12:28 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 10:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts