Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Trenton, NJ Command Unit

I heard that the Trenton, NJ Fire Department has taken delivery of a command truck with some type of special drive on it. Does anyone have information on what it is? Any pictures of the truck in action?

I'm not sure but I think it was built by Pierce.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takoda View Post
    I heard that the Trenton, NJ Fire Department has taken delivery of a command truck with some type of special drive on it. Does anyone have information on what it is? Any pictures of the truck in action?

I'm not sure but I think it was built by Pierce.
    Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.f-ss.com/images/delivery/23220.pdf

Forum Member

That's it. Thanks.

Does anyone know if it will be displayed at the NJ State Convention next week?
    Last edited by Takoda; 09-10-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Forum Member

Removed by Request
    Last edited by ENG484INE; 09-21-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Removed by Request

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it hadn't been put in service yet. There must be some serious issues if it still isn't in service after 9 months.

Forum Member

I was talking to one of the Trenton BC's about this very unit while down at NJ's Firemen's convention in Wildwood this weekend as I was a couple rows down from the Pierce booth and asked him why they didn't display it. He said there is/was some re-work Pierce had to do, the main delay was due to not having the radio system installed due to the contract being held up between the City and the City's contractor. Seems Pierce was asked to wait to do its work until the radios were in thinking it was around the corner; and the longer it dragged on the former Chief decided just to have Pierce go ahead and do the work. As is always the case, the contract was approved like a week later... Should be back soon - or so he says... It's a shame that bureaucracy works that way as I'm sure they could have used it with Irene!

Forum Member

Did he say what the re-work is/was? Still seems like a long time to get a truck in service even with the radio mix up.

Forum Member

I belive he there was a small roof leak or something like that and they wanted to be able to pull things down to trace it, as Eng484ine implied. The other thing he mentioned was about something with the Kohler generator that only happens once in a while that they were trying to get to happen again and trace and get Kohler to look at. He did say that it only went to get the re-work done a few weeks ago, they were waiting for 4 or 5 months for the radio thing to be resolved, something about having grant money and needing it done by a certain date... and when that date came and went, they just said forget it, let's get it done.

Thread Information