1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Firefighter II Cert in CA-Question.

    Does CA accept a FFII certificate that was obtained at an out-of-state fire academy, or would I have to take the classes over once in CA?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009


    At this time, SFT does not offer reciprocity for certifications, including IFSAC and Pro Board, that were received in another state. In order to apply for SFT certification in California, you must meet all of the requirements listed in the SFT Procedures Manual. We recommend you contact the fire department requiring the certification to determine if they will accept your alternative certificates.


    suggest you call them direct with the question though

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011


    Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. College student questions
    By pqs359 in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM
  2. "How low can you go?"
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 11:40 PM
  3. Stop hitting your self fireservice, stop hitting your self!
    By stm4710 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 02:32 PM
  4. Replies: 384
    Last Post: 05-18-2002, 11:17 AM
  5. A tribute to those lost and how firefighter familys recover
    By Alexa747 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2001, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register