Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Video Based Testing?

I put in my application for a department and i saw that their written test is a 2.5 hour long Video Based Test. Does anybody know anything about this testing process, or have taken it before. Ive always just heard of the regular written exam.

MembersZone Subscriber

Elgin correct?

I have never done the video testing, but I googled it, and found some good information.

I really wish they would pass on not making you have your AS Degree, I am working on it, but I do have my medic.... Wish I could test there with you. Good luck though!
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

Maybe B pad

If so they play a scenario and you verbally respond to it and there is a grading method depending on your response

Forum Member

Default Video Testing

Probably www.Fireteamtest.com

Many agencies are being convinced to use the new type of video testing because they can test large groups at once at a lower cost and eliminate candidates with psychological video scenarios.

Candidates who have have trouble with the FireTeam Testing video found that on the difficult questions if they went to their feminine side they answered better. Isn't that precious?

A candidate had a chance to talk to an employee at Ergonomics who put together the FireTeam Testing Video. He said, “We’re not to out think you. Forget everything you know. Clear your mind and go with your gut feeling for your answer.

This from a candidate who paid to test drive the video testing:

I went to the website www.fireteamtest.com and paid a fee to take the practice test. The test takes 30 to 45 minutes so unplug your phone and listen to the instructions VERY carefully, my phone rang while I was watching the video and missed an important part. DON'T answer the situational questions the way you think the "test writers" want you to, answer thinking about the big picture and what is right for everyone, being a kiss-up will not get you a 100% on this test. I know; I got kinda toady on one question and got slammed. So much for my 100%

It seemed like for each question the four answers fell into these categories:
    Correct
    Semi-Correct
    Neutral
    Wrong

Of course if you sit there and try to figure out which ones fall into each category you will fall behind and start screwing up.

Check it out at www.fireteamtest.com
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Thanks for the replies everyone, i figured it was some kind of scenario based test, i just wanted to pick other peoples brains, and see if anyone had ever taken the test before. Yes, it is elgin. Thanks for the information Captbob, ill have to look up that testing site, and practice a couple of times.

Thread Information