Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chattanooga FD

Forum Member

Default Chattanooga FD

Does anybody have any information on an upcoming academy for Chattanooga,TN? I applied 18 months ago and have completed the entire application process. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TN2011 View Post
    Does anybody have any information on an upcoming academy for Chattanooga,TN? I applied 18 months ago and have completed the entire application process. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Hey why don't you contact them directly and get the correct information first hand.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I apologize CaptOldTimer but I forgot to mention that I've contacted the CFD and the city personnel office and both offices don't know when the next academy will be. Strangely enough the fire department tells me that they do not decide when the academy is as that is a job for the personnel office. On the other hand the city personnel office tells me that the fire department decides when to hold the academy.

I think I would walk away, hold on, make that RUN away from them. If either department doesn't know what the procedures are, I wouldn't want to be associated with that city.

My department makes the decision when and how many they will have in a basic recruit class, based on vacanies and not the HR folks. The HR folks provides only the certifiable candidates to the fire department and that is all.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I had that same initial reaction. However, Chattanooga is my hometown and this job is something that I really want. So how would I go about getting information from the CPD about a future academy and my position as an applicant (I applied in March 2010 and completed the hiring process)?

If I call the department and ask about an academy date I will most likely get a "I don't know". What is my next step after that? I got out of school in May but can't wait forever for this potential job.

It's just frustrating.

bw3
    Forum Member

I took their written test last month, they sent me an email stating I passed, and that I will be sent a follow up email to schedule my physical agility test. At the written test the proctor said there going to be putting on another class next year sometime.
    Last edited by bw3; 10-03-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

Thanks. The city personnel office sent an email to me requesting written permission to do a background/SS# check, so maybe that is a sign they are close to hiring.

Thread Information