Thread: Djibouti Africa

Forum Member

Default Djibouti Africa

PAE in Djibouti is looking for several people.

Minimum qualifications with no exceptions are:

FF I & II
    HM Awareness & Ops
    ARFF
    Pumper OR ARFF DO
    NREMT-B (this is a must for American Nationals)
    Valid CPR
    Valid Drivers License from your home of record

Again the above is a MUST. Having additional to above definitely does not hurt and they all MUST BE DoD, IFSAC and/ or Pro-Board.

www.paegroup.com

Camp Lemonnier is a great site. This is not a war zone so do not expect war zone type salary. The salary is still decent. Living is total opposite of Afghanistan and we can go off base into the city.

Good luck
    Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by emtguy625 View Post

FF I & II
    HM Awareness & Ops
    ARFF
    Pumper OR ARFF DO
    Valid CPR

Again the above is a MUST. Having additional to above definitely does not hurt and they all MUST BE DoD, IFSAC and/ or Pro-Board.

www.paegroup.com

Camp Lemonnier is a great site. This is not a war zone so do not expect war zone type salary. The salary is still decent. Living is total opposite of Afghanistan and we can go off base into the city.

Good luck
    Are you there now? And how is Djibouti? Excuse the pun.

Forum Member

You stated not to expect "war zone" pay, what is the salary and what are the benefits. You have state it is "decent" but that is a very arbitrary term. I believe everyone on here would like to see some hard numbers and descriptions of actual benefits. Thanks Brother!

FF I & II
    HM Awareness & Ops
    ARFF
    Pumper OR ARFF DO
    Valid CPR

Again the above is a MUST. Having additional to above definitely does not
    www.paegroup.com

Good luck

Forum Member

Due to the different pay structures we have based on nationality, I rather not post the pay but message me and I will answer all. It is however a little lower than the max tax free allowed in the states. So all your salary is tax free as long as meeting the requirements. We do get a completion bonus and travel allowances.

Yes I am here. I have done contracts in Iraq, Afghan and in the Pacific. IMHO, this is a really good deal. There are no uplifts however. Again this is not a war zone. We are allowed to go off base as much as we want when off-duty. Living is in wet CLU's when off, dry when on. A lot of MWR trips and activities that we can participate in. There is a cantina on base with a good selection of chilled beverages for a very reasonable price.

Message me for more info.
    Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

Forum Member

Why are they so strick on the "NR"EMT? I had NREMT when I worked for Wackenhut and NR did not give me a recert because I could not maintain "approved" coned classes with hands one training in Iraq.

Sounds like a good job and I have all the requirments plus some, but my EMT is through state.

Forum Member

NREMT is a requirement of the customer since we provide EMS and per contract we must be NREMT. As far as I know, Americans are the only ones who can obtain NR EMT.

We not try and get your NR back? Normally just taking a written test will renew it every 2 years if not getting enough CE's. I was 3 hrs shy this last time and took the written test, received new card in a week.

Good luck.

Forum Member

Due to the different pay structures we have based on nationality, I rather not post the pay but message me and I will answer all. It is however a little lower than the max tax free allowed in the states. So all your salary is tax free as long as meeting the requirements. We do get a completion bonus and travel allowances.

Yes I am here. I have done contracts in Iraq, Afghan and in the Pacific. IMHO, this is a really good deal. There are no uplifts however. Again this is not a war zone. We are allowed to go off base as much as we want when off-duty. Living is in wet CLU's when off, dry when on. A lot of MWR trips and activities that we can participate in. There is a cantina on base with a good selection of chilled beverages for a very reasonable price.

Message me for more info.
    Forgive my ignorance...but, can someone tell me what CLU's and MWR trips are?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemarquis View Post
    Forgive my ignorance...but, can someone tell me what CLU's and MWR trips are?
    CHU or CLU=Containerized Housing Unit- mini trailer with a bed and bathroom if the CHU is dry, then there is no bathroom.

MWR=Morale, Wellness, Recreation

Forum Member

Thanks for the info Jalli!

Forum Member

Bump! Anyone still out here? Can you PM if you are, I have a few questions to ask. Thanks in advance

Forum Member

I tried to PM you Kaulana702 but I was denied.

Not sure what else you need to ask that is not covered above though.

Forum Member

I tried to PM you Kaulana702 but I was denied.

Not sure what else you need to ask that is not covered above though.
    Sorry my PM was disabled. I just sent you a PM

Forum Member

Shake shake shake
    Shake shake shake
    Shake Djibouti!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Does anyone that works in Djibouti have any updated information about jobs there? I heard that PAE was losing the contract to KBR and then I heard that PAE got their contract extended. I recently worked for PAE in Antarctica and would like to get hired in Djibouti. I've applied for the positions on the PAE website. Does anyone have a recruiter's contact info.?

Thread Information