Forum Member

Default Meet with Assistant Chief of Logistics (Hiring)

While gathering info on my department, which will soon be hiring, the Admin Office Manager offered to set a meeting with the hiring Chief. While I do believe this would be a great resource for information (what they are looking for, how many hires, timelines, etc) I also am thinking that it could be seen as a kiss-a**y way of doing things...especially taking time out the Chief's day. Hiring process isn't due to start until after January. It wouldn't be my intention to "get my name out there" -- just gather actual, useful information from the one person whose information could be trusted.

On the fence with taking this offer. Thoughts?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LampMan874 View Post
    While gathering info on my department, which will soon be hiring, the Admin Office Manager offered to set a meeting with the hiring Chief. While I do believe this would be a great resource for information (what they are looking for, how many hires, timelines, etc) I also am thinking that it could be seen as a kiss-a**y way of doing things...especially taking time out the Chief's day. Hiring process isn't due to start until after January. It wouldn't be my intention to "get my name out there" -- just gather actual, useful information from the one person whose information could be trusted.

On the fence with taking this offer. Thoughts?
    Before you set a meeting, see if you can speak with him on the phone or through email. CLEARLY explain to him that you are doing recon for potential employment and want to ask questions. If he then agrees to meet with you, take him up on it. BUT DONT WASTE HIS TIME. Dont ask questions that you can easily find elsewhere or on the internet. Ask the man intelligent questions that will make him think "this kid will fit in good here."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

How many people on the dept???

Thread Information