Back In Black

Default Occupy Wall Street Demands

Here are the demands, that I found attributed to a good majority of them. They should change their group's name to "Bankrupt America Now".

======================

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.
    Last edited by ChiefKN; 10-08-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Stupidity lives!!.............

Good God. How do people who dream up this kind of Crap manage to escape capture and stay out of the Looney Bin???............ None of these "Demands" are anywhere close to reasonable. #4 "College Tuition" is excessively stupid. There are way too many people going to College now, much less a few years down the road yet.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods
    Good God. How do people who dream up this kind of Crap manage to escape capture and stay out of the Looney Bin???

They shouldn't be too hard to capture now... most of them are out in the streets.

But the Govenrnment seems to be on their side at the moment.

Anyone up for "Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue"?
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up And...............

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    They shouldn't be too hard to capture now... most of them are out in the streets.

But the Govenrnment seems to be on their side at the moment.

Anyone up for "Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue"?

Sounds like a good place to start...... Longer ago than I want to remember, I was among a group of highly annoyed Firefighters who put 125 pieces of apparatus from 9 states across the street from the White House...... 5 minutes into Pres. Clinton's weekly Press conference, we opened up with all of the Sirens and Air Horns we had. Everyone came out of the White House, leaving the Prez to himself..........

The protest was over a Labor Department ruling on the Fair Labor Standards Act, and our concerns were addressed in a revised version........
    Last edited by hwoods; 10-08-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

bahahahahahahahaha

superlosers

Forum Member

Those bastard......a living wage..harumphh...
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Forum Member

I support what they're doing. So should everyone else. Were the banks forced to give loans? Deregulation and no credit agency oversight is what killed us.

The banks knew what they were doing, they knew it was wrong, and they didn't get any punishment for it, and not only did they get to keep the money they made. They demanded taxpayer bailouts to keep from going under and now refuse to allow any regulations that would prevent these circumstances from repeating.

In case none of you have noticed, local government is getting destroyed by the conservative movement with claims that public employees are overpaid and underworked. And they're not discerning between public safety and non-public safety individuals. If I lived in NY, I'd be out there with them.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

oh good, I was hoping for the strawman argument. Continue!
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    None of these "Demands" are anywhere close to reasonable.
    Yea, "Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment." that is pretty outlandish

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Here are the demands, that I found attributed to a good majority of them. They should change their group's name to "Bankrupt America Now".
    Isn't that what the banking industry has been doing the last three years?

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You blame the banks?

Really? What happened to Blame Bush? Oh, I guess after three years of Obama that gets a little hard to pull off, so instead we shift blame to the "banks".
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Back In Black

In case none of you have noticed, local government is getting destroyed by the conservative movement with claims that public employees are overpaid and underworked. And they're not discerning between public safety and non-public safety individuals. If I lived in NY, I'd be out there with them.
    Local government is getting destroyed? What a load of bunk.

I have not had any change in service. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I even went to the DMV and got the same crappy treatment I received 10 years ago. No change.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Hypocrites.

They were paying non-english speaking folks to carry signs for the "protest".

They were not paying them the $20 per hour the protesters demand in #1.

So I guess $20 per hour is only for the protesters, not any real paid employee.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs12 View Post
    Yea, "Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment." that is pretty outlandish
    Don't we have that already? Just not in an amendment form?

How many stories have we read on this site alone about folks suing for alleged discrimination based on race or gender?
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs12 View Post
    But true equality would ruin the platform that some stand on. Equality is the disguise of favorability.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    But true equality would ruin the platform that some stand on. Equality is the disguise of favorability.
    Does favorability not factor into the current status quo?

MembersZone Subscriber

Equality would mean your race, religion, sex, or age wouldn't be a factor in your hiring. Asking to be considered equal while asking to place your race, religion, sex, or age above others to meet a X amount of said persons isn't equality.

Don't start trying whatever straw-man argument you're attempting, I'd hate for you to lose any more creditability you might have left.

Forum Member

You mean the same banking industry that started handing out sub-prime mortgages like they were candy, encouraged by the Clinton Administration?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    You mean the same banking industry that started handing out sub-prime mortgages like they were candy, encouraged by the Clinton Administration?
    Encouraged don't even start to describe the pressure that was put on the banks to loan to unsuitable applicants. Ther was a cut-off point that if the applicant failed so miserably Fannie or Freddie would pickup the tab entirely I.E. you, I and all the other taxpayers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    Encouraged don't even start to describe the pressure that was put on the banks to loan to unsuitable applicants. Ther was a cut-off point that if the applicant failed so miserably Fannie or Freddie would pickup the tab entirely I.E. you, I and all the other taxpayers.
    Can either one of you point to one mortgage a bank was FORCED to give to an undeserving applicant?

MembersZone Subscriber

Can either one of you point to one mortgage a bank was FORCED to give to an undeserving applicant?
    The CRA.

Go ahead and spin it to satisfy your strawman argument.

Forum Member

Can you prove that the Clinton Administration DID NOT encourage mortgage companies to give sub-prime loans to those who could not afford them??? Or give out ARM loans all the while they knew how many sub-prime loans they were giving out and that sooner or later the ARM rates would skyrocket when the (inevitable) mortgage crisis came upon the countryside???
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 10-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Can you prove that the Clinton Administration DID NOT encourage mortgage companies to give sub-prime loans to those who could not afford them??? Or give out ARM loans all the while they knew how many sub-prime loans they were giving out and that sooner or later the ARM rates would skyrocket when the (inevitable) mortgage crisis came upon the countryside???
    I always know an argument is moot when I asked to prove a negative.

You claim the Clinton Administration "encouraged" making loans to non-deserving individuals. Prove they forced that act.

BTW, Clinton was long out of office when the system collapsed. There was ample time for the Bush Administration to correct any policy failure from the Clinton era and they did nothing. In fact they encouraged it as well to the point where it was a point of great pride Bush cited in his acceptance speech during the 2004 RNC.

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

Back In Black

I always know an argument is moot when I asked to prove a negative.
    Other then "blame the banks"... Any of those other points you agree with? What about that forgiving ALL debt... every dime. You good with that?

Back In Black

BTW, Clinton was long out of office when the system collapsed. There was ample time for the Bush Administration to correct any policy failure from the Clinton era and they did nothing. In fact they encouraged it as well to the point where it was a point of great pride Bush cited in his acceptance speech during the 2004 RNC.
    There were quite a few notable democrats that have been around longer then both... and serve on key committees that were supposed to oversee banking. How about those guys?

Let's start with Barney Frank.

Thread Information