Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation Help needed/ donations

Good day,
    Im Stephen Eric P. Chua, a non-paid volunteer firefighter here in Metro Manila, Philippines. Our two volunteer groups namely " Dee hwa Liong Volunteer Fire Brigade" Quezon City, Philippines. with 20 personnels, and "Guardians Fire & Rescue Brotherhood International Inc." Valenzuela City, Philippines with 25 personnels, would like to appeal for your help regarding old, used, 2nd hand fire gears such as, fire helmets, hoods, turnout gears, gloves, SCBA Packs & masks and fire boots that are not any more in use at your departments and for disposal. May we request it as your donation to us here to be puit into good use in saving lives & properties here.
    We are hoping that our simple request for help will be granted and will go a long way in helping in firefighting here in Metro Manila, Philippines.

We hope to hear from you soon. keep safe & God bless you all.

Stephen Eric P. Chua
    Volunteer firefighter
    mustang70_501@yahoo.com

And please remember to donate what you can to US based fire departments also.

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    And please remember to donate what you can to US based fire departments also.
    Most of what he is asking for wouldnt be of use to a US based department if it isn't of use to yours. Not to mention the whole liability of giving someone else your outdated gear thing (in this country anyway).
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

I think that liability issue has been resolved most states. on a side not , did you read about the Philippino church buying the ghost town in South Dakota ? Maybe they can pony up some cash for gear.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Most of what he is asking for wouldnt be of use to a US based department if it isn't of use to yours. Not to mention the whole liability of giving someone else your outdated gear thing (in this country anyway).
    I know of departments in OK, MO, and KS that don't have enough turnouts. SCBA, I will give the departments out of the country a pile of demand valve SCBA, but plenty of departments that are out there in the US still have demand valve units.

Otherwise when I get them Positive pressure units I cut up elephant hoses.

MO has a program through the state fire marshals office to strip away liability issues, but for the most part a simple waiver works well.

Still a lot of departments covering very rural areas that can't afford the 5% match for AFG grants.

Ummn,there WERE "Elephant hose" POSITIVE pressure units. Be careful what you cut if you're in the GIVING mood. T.C.

Thread Information