I am sorry I have not posted sooner, but I would like to spread the word that Chief of Training Hyman Saltz (ret) passed away on Sept 25, 2011. I concidered him a friend as well as a brother fire fighter.

"Hyman Saltz, 60, a lifetime resident of Baton Rouge, passed away Sunday, Sept. 25, 2011, at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. Visitation at Greenoaks Funeral Home, 9595 Florida Blvd., Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Visitation at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 11441 Goodwood Blvd., Thursday, Sept. 29, from 10 a.m. until religious service at 11:30 a.m. Interment in Greenoaks Memorial Park. He is survived by his wife of 20 years, Rose Mary Moran Saltz; three daughters, Camille Saltz Babin and husband Troy, Dottie Saltz O'Neal and husband Randy, and Melissa Miller Hasenkampf and husband Tim; a son, Anthony Miller; three grandchildren, Joshua Hasenkampf, Hayes Miller and Elise Babin; a sister, Helene Cumbaa and husband Steve; and a brother, David Harold Saltz. He was preceded in death by his parents, Willie Saltz and Clarinda Verrett Saltz; former spouse, Elise Landry Saltz; and a son, Brad Patrick Saltz. Hyman served for 32 years in the Baton Rouge Fire Department and retired in 2008 as the chief training officer. Hyman owned and operated S&W Tailor, a family business serving the Baton Rouge area since 1908. In lieu of flowers, please offer a mass intention at St. Joseph Catholic Church in French Settlement or send donations to the Baton Rouge General Foundation/Burn Center, 8595 Picardy, Box 410, Baton Rouge, LA 70809 or other charity of your choosing. To send condolences, please visit www.greenoaksfunerals.com."

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/the...967&fhid=11073