Forum Member

Default Scottsdale Fire Department

Any AZ guys/gals or anyone who tested out of state for the tri-city testing between Scottsdale, Tempe, and Chandler get an email for moving forward in the selection process for Scottsdale? I just got an email last night for another testing they're doing in November. Caught me by surprise. Especially, since they said they weren't going to move forward or use that list for hiring because of funding. I know Tempe went off and did their own thing, hiring candidates who are already firefighters.
    Last edited by krewmoney77; 10-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea I got the same e-mail, too little too late since i've since given up on AZ and moved on...

Forum Member

Oh man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Best of luck though to you else where.

Forum Member

i got the email too. was told last week we might hear something but thought it was bs.

Forum Member

It's awesome they're hiring. Kind of sucks they're making us test again to move forward to an interview. Have you or anyone heard what kind of test it'll be or what the test will be like? I'm guessing just a regular math, reading comprehension......

Forum Member

I'll be there. I read it's a SAFER grant that will provide funds for up to 9 jobs for a few years - not ideal, but still a good opportunity.

Forum Member

I cant believe there is another written test, but whatever! I guess we will see how things unfold.

MembersZone Subscriber

really didn't like the whole process while I was in it for Chandler, now i'm glad I won't have to continue it with Scottsdale. seems very bass ackwards this whole thing does...

MembersZone Subscriber

I also received the email. Kind of wondering if everyone who participated in the previous test was invited or if they already eliminated people by their previous test scores. I wish the email would have included a little more info about the type of test they're giving. I'm thinking it maybe different format than the previous one??

I got the email as well. I'm assuming it went out to the top scorers on the tri-city test, but it's definitely odd that they are making people take another written test, but I'd take 20 written tests to get the job if they wanted me to. I would love to hear the number of people who received an email if anyone has any info. Seems like a VERY compressed time line for the hiring so I would assume it would have to be a relatively small group to get everything coordinated in time.

Does Scottsdale do an intern? Seems to be the norm these days.

Forum Member

I guess the first one wasnt good enough... so much for this joint hiring making it less of a hassle. Thought that was the whole point.

Forum Member

I would guess that they won't take all 1300 people from the last testing process. I would guess they took a top percentage from the test to test again. If they were doing everyone from the last testing process, I would think they would just open it to the public. Rather than only being able to apply if you got an invite by email. Hopefully it's not the same as the last test where half the questions were, "if you could go to a museum, would it be a science or art musuem?".

Forum Member

I have never heard of two written tests, anyone know why they're doing it like that?

Forum Member

Thankfully I have a job already.
    Last edited by Coffee; 11-02-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Forum Member

Just got my information for my testing today. Looks like they're going to have a written test on some of the policy information for Scottsdale Fire along with a mile and a half run. This is definitely a surprise! Wasn't expecting to see that.

Forum Member

Anyone move on to the oral boards from the testing process? Anyone have an idea of how many they took to the oral boards? I know they said they invited around 120 to test and not everyone was showing up to their testing. My group for example was suppose to have 11. Only 7 showed up and 1 guy who was on stand by that they allowed in. So, we had a total of 8 all together.

Forum Member

Anyone else get invited back to interview with Scottsdale again? I made it to the Chiefs board and unfortunately didn't get selected. Then surprisingly got emailed to come and interview all over again. Just curious if anyone else did as well.

Forum Member

lucky bastard

Thread Information