Forum Member

Default Is a ff1 course transferable from florida to alaska

My question is that if I get my fire fighter 1 certification in the state of florida will it be acceptable in the state of alsaka, cause I know that alaska is a ifsac state but im pretty sure florida isnt, I think they have there own thing which may exeed ifsac

Forum Member

Give ak a call and get it direct from the Mooses mouth

http://www.dps.alaska.gov/afsc/certifications.aspx

Forum Member

Why would it be? Florida doesn't except any other States Cert's as far as I know!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

From: http://dps.alaska.gov/afsc/docs/Cert...ionProgram.pdf

RECIPROCITY
    The AFSC can certify individuals for Firefighter I and II through reciprocity. Reciprocity is available to an
    individual who has completed his or her certification through an entity accredited by the International
    Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or the National Fire Service Professional Qualifications
    Board (ProBoard). Reciprocity requirements for certification are as follow:
    Firefighter I Reciprocity Requirements
    1. applicant must provide an Application for Certification , and;
    2. applicant must be an Alaska resident or member of an organized fire department or an
    emergency response organization registered with the Division of Fire and Life Safety, and;
    3. applicant must submit a copy of IFSAC or ProBoard Firefighter I certificate to the AFSC, and;
    4. applicant must submit a copy of their IFSAC or ProBoard Hazardous Materials Operations
    certificate to the AFSC.

Forum Member

Greetings,

My name is Bill Hicks and I am in my 18th year in the fire service, and currently serve as a fire chief. I am also a doctoral candidate at Eastern Kentucky University and my dissertation topic involves investigating the current status of firefighter reciprocity among the 50 states. I am seeking members of the fire service who may have experience in moving from state to state and seeking reciprocity, or recognition of certification issued by your old state, in a new state. Also, if you came from the military and sought reciprocity for DOD certificates, I would like to hear from you as well. If you have not experienced this, please forward the link below to anyone who you may know that has done this.

For those that have such experiences, I am humbly asking you to give 5 minutes of your time to answer a short series of question found at the link below on your experiences with seeking reciprocity, or recognition when you moved from one state to another, regardless of being paid or volunteer members in your department.

Also at the end of the survey you will have a space to share any experiences you may have had when dealing with reciprocity of fire service certifications in your department and with your state. Also feel free to forward this to any fire service member(s) who you feel would have something to say on the topic.

Your anonymity is protected throughout the process. Just click or copy the link below to begin.

https://ekussem.co1.qualtrics.com/SE...Z1aVMb9w1QhYtD

Also, if you would like to share your experiences with me in more depth after taking part in the survey, please leave your email in the beginning of the comments section at the end of the survey.

Thread Information