Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Be careful with that, sounds similiar to what WSI did last fall with about 50 people when they lost the contract to Sallyport.

I had tickets in hand when the pulled the rug out from under me and the Contract holder was KBR who sub-contracts it to WSI, Sallyport or whoever else.

Good luck with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasko189 View Post
    What confuses me is KBR offered me a job, I went through all the processing I could from home, was waiting on my plane tickets when I got this email:

"I have been given the undesirable task of informing you that due to the transitioning of contracts that is currently underway in Iraq our client is no longer in need of the firefighters that were recently requested for the project and the position you were offered is not required at this time. Therefore, your employment offer is being rescinded and your scheduled processing is cancelled.

Please accept our sincere regrets and apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have created for you. For those of you that are my candidates, please stay in touch with me and let me know if you find employment elsewhere and I will certainly contact you when something opens up again. "

I just wanna know if they got the contract or not, and whether they are going to need to hire more firefighter in the near future or not.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Forum Member

Default Kbr

I am confident that KBR will be in Iraq for a while yet. While the military has just about pulled out of Iraq, there are several enduring bases that will be secured by security agencies like Saber and SOC. It will be interesting to see how that works out. I have heard the pay to be around $153k per year when you add everything up; however, I have yet to get anyone to actually confirm that. They just have the pay scales that have already been posted on here. I am keeping an eye on it and looking forward to seeing how much they will really be getting paid.

Thread Information