Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default harrassment issus from an old house

Hello I'm looking for advise for a younger ff thats a good friend of mine currently we're between houses and the old demartment is harrassing my friend (ie Calling him bout forgeting to return items) he does have a signed reciept from our old cheif stating everything has been returned from the departing fire department

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Seriously, this sounds like a bunch of *****hats that don't have the brains to know when to back off. Don't answer the phone when they call, don't get involved in conversations with them, do not confront them. Talk to the Chief, see what he says and go from there. If it doesn't stop all it may take is for your attorney to send a letter threatening action to get them to wake up.

Good luck the world is full of immature *****hats, they won't change so it is how you handle it that matters.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Tell them call 911 or shut up

That's what they make caller Id for

Quote Originally Posted by weeman26 View Post
    Hello I'm looking for advise for a younger ff thats a good friend of mine currently we're between houses and the old demartment is harrassing my friend (ie Calling him bout forgeting to return items) he does have a signed reciept from our old cheif stating everything has been returned from the departing fire department
    If you (errr ahhh I mean he) really does have a receipt, you (errrr ahhhh I mean he) should send a photocopy of the receipt to the department in a letter sent by registered mail w/ return receipt stating "in accordance with the copy of the receipt enclosed, all department-owned materials have been returned. The XYZ Fire Department, it's officers, members and agents are hereby directed to cease and desist any further communication with me; unless to contest the validity of the receipt, which in case the XYZ Fire Department may then send correspondence to my Attorney, Mr. Doowy Cheetem, 123 Main Street, Farttown USA 12345."

CASE CLOSED.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    If you (errr ahhh I mean he) really does have a receipt, you (errrr ahhhh I mean he) should send a photocopy of the receipt to the department in a letter sent by registered mail w/ return receipt stating "in accordance with the copy of the receipt enclosed, all department-owned materials have been returned. The XYZ Fire Department, it's officers, members and agents are hereby directed to cease and desist any further communication with me; unless to contest the validity of the receipt, which in case the XYZ Fire Department may then send correspondence to my Attorney, Mr. Doowy Cheetem, 123 Main Street, Farttown USA 12345."

CASE CLOSED.
    +1 Best answer yet.

Forum Member

The only person that should be requesting equipment be returned is the Chief or maybe the President. FWDbuff you hit the nailright on the head.
    Stephen J Bourassa
    Latham FD (NY)
    member since 1969
    challenge competitor since 1993

Thread Information