Thread: ALF/Toyne

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seagravesstick View Post
    Dont give up.... Get all your ducks in a row again and press on....
    Is the HGAC Buying program availble to fire departments in all 48 states, or only in certain areas of the country! Would this program be availble to fire districts or cites,towns, etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    Is the HGAC Buying program availble to fire departments in all 48 states, or only in certain areas of the country! Would this program be availble to fire districts or cites,towns, etc.
    We took a look at it when we were doing ours in 2006, and it was available to all comers then. Another one to look at would be Pa. CoStars, but I'm not sure if that's available to outside of Penna. or not. But you can get some good ideas of what kind of pricing is out there from it.

Forum Member

Default ISO Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    I do believe that it is available to all... You can contact the manufacturer and request a price from HGAC....

Forum Member

The new HGAC contracts will be out Dec 1st.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
    The new HGAC contracts will be out Dec 1st.
    CustomFire will be available in it for the first time.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    CustomFire will be available in it for the first time.
    So will Toyne

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    A couple questions come to mind:
    How many chassis''s are ALF going to manufacture and sell this year? Next year? 5 years from now?
    Now ask the same question about Spartan .
    Ummmm as far as Spartan goes, not very many.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce355 View Post
    Ummmm as far as Spartan goes, not very many.
    Yep, markedly less than they have been!
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep, markedly less than they have been!
    Maybe I'm ignorant, but are all of the Rosenbauer customers really just going to jump off the Spartan chassis bandwagon and buy Rosenbauer's chassis? Maybe it's a great new thing, but we've bought Spartans since 1991 for a reason...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Maybe I'm ignorant, but are all of the Rosenbauer customers really just going to jump off the Spartan chassis bandwagon and buy Rosenbauer's chassis? Maybe it's a great new thing, but we've bought Spartans since 1991 for a reason...
    Are you familiar with the recent dissolvement of the Rosenbauer/Spartan relationship?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Are you familiar with the recent dissolvement of the Rosenbauer/Spartan relationship?
    Does this have any affect on Crimson?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Does this have any affect on Crimson?
    No, Crimson, Toyne, 4-Guys, Smeal, CustomFire aren't effected. Only Rosenbauer, Seagrave, E-One, or any other manufacturer that provides it's own chassis.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

MembersZone Subscriber

I didn't read well enough - thought they weren't a preferred partner any longer... Shutting down the supply entirely? Hmmm...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

No, Crimson, Toyne, 4-Guys, Smeal, CustomFire aren't effected. Only Rosenbauer, Seagrave, E-One, or any other manufacturer that provides it's own chassis.
    Link? I am afraid I don't know what you're talking about.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Link? I am afraid I don't know what you're talking about.
    Same here......I'm very curious.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I didn't read well enough - thought they weren't a preferred partner any longer... Shutting down the supply entirely? Hmmm...
    Pricing has to be done by February 1, and orders placed before April 15.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Let's talk fire trucks!

I'm not sure if a publicly available link can be found (yet), but a couple of weeks ago, Rosenbauer was informed by Spartan that they wouldn't be a supplier of chassis to them for any chassis not ordered prior to April 15. The Rosenbauer chassis will be publicly unveiled in late February, so you drawn your own conclusion about Spartan's decision on this.

With Rosenbauer purchasing 50% of the chassis currently coming out of the Spartan plant, we'll have to see what the long-term impact of this business model will be.

Now, I have to predict that if there IS a financial impact on Spartan, it won't be for some time...although I don't know for sure, I bet you'll see Rosenbauer do a large order of Spartan chassis to have on-hand for those customers that still desire a Spartan rather than the new Rosenbauer.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

I'm not sure if a publicly available link can be found (yet), but a couple of weeks ago, Rosenbauer was informed by Spartan that they wouldn't be a supplier of chassis to them for any chassis not ordered prior to April 15. The Rosenbauer chassis will be publicly unveiled in late February, so you drawn your own conclusion about Spartan's decision on this.

With Rosenbauer purchasing 50% of the chassis currently coming out of the Spartan plant, we'll have to see what the long-term impact of this business model will be.

Now, I have to predict that if there IS a financial impact on Spartan, it won't be for some time...although I don't know for sure, I bet you'll see Rosenbauer do a large order of Spartan chassis to have on-hand for those customers that still desire a Spartan rather than the new Rosenbauer.

Gotcha. I guess I am still a little confused as to the effect this will have on the other single source manufacterers you listed.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

Forum Member

I wonder with the Spartan cutting ties with the various manufactures, if HME will generate any sales from past Spartan customers?

Forum Member

I believe E-One dropped the Spartan option quite some time ago.

This the rise of Obama/surrender in Iraq Spartan has lost a huge amout of military chassis. RV business is also still pretty poor.

Perhaps Spartan has a new plan. Spartan buys Pierce and/or Oshkosh?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Gotcha. I guess I am still a little confused as to the effect this will have on the other single source manufacterers you listed.
    Very little, since you see very few Spartan-chassised rigs coming out of Clintonville, Ocala, or Nesquehoning.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    I believe E-One dropped the Spartan option quite some time ago.

This the rise of Obama/surrender in Iraq Spartan has lost a huge amout of military chassis. RV business is also still pretty poor.

Perhaps Spartan has a new plan. Spartan buys Pierce and/or Oshkosh?
    There are still plenty of body builders who will be using Spartan. Although as already mentioned, Rosie made up a good portion of the current market.

Plus they still have Crimson.

Very little, since you see very few Spartan-chassised rigs coming out of Clintonville, Ocala, or Nesquehoning.
    I wasn't aware that E-One, Pierce, KME or Suthpen built trucks on anyone's chassis but their own. At least in recent memory.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

Forum Member

In 2009 KME provided us two separate bids for our rescue engine, one with a KME Predator cab and chassis and one with a Spartan Gladiator chassis. We specifically requested the Gladiator in our spec but said manufacturers could bid an equivalent.

Forum Member

Rumor has it, it ain't just rosie. Because were spec'ing a new rig, the phone has been ringing, from Spartan supplied manufactures. Seems they wanna speed things up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFPD2005 View Post
    In 2009 KME provided us two separate bids for our rescue engine, one with a KME Predator cab and chassis and one with a Spartan Gladiator chassis. We specifically requested the Gladiator in our spec but said manufacturers could bid an equivalent.
    We have gone away from "or equivalent". In my opinion, it's up for interpretation. You can write in KME Predator, Pierce Quantum, Spartan Gladiator.

Thread Information