Forum Member

Default fire jobs web sites?

looking for a good fire jobs web site ....any help? do they all cost money or are some free?

Forum Member

911hotjobs.com (free to see which departments are recruiting but have to pay to see details about the job posting) & governmentjobs.com (also free)

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

www.firerecruit.com is the best in my book, but you hafta pay. Worth it to me.

Forum Member

Don't waste your money. Indeed.com gets all the job postings (at least in the NW) and doesn't cost a penny. I have paid for the other sites plenty of times but I have found that Indeed gets all the postings and often sooner than the others.

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Careful. WT frowns upon outside websites. I'm guessing that one may be yours

Going through it though, I liked the blogs and other info. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruckOps84 View Post
    Don't waste your money. Indeed.com gets all the job postings (at least in the NW) and doesn't cost a penny. I have paid for the other sites plenty of times but I have found that Indeed gets all the postings and often sooner than the others.
    2nd that...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4shizil View Post
    looking for a good fire jobs web site ....any help? do they all cost money or are some free?
    I think that if you were to Google city/counties which you may like to live and work, you could see if they are hiring. Use the internet man, this way it is free!!!

If it is worth getting a job, then it if worth looking for it and not have someone else provide you will tips and links to jobs.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

The FireCareersBus just finished a 16,000 mile journey across the Nation meeting firefighters from coast to coast. Our original tour was to bring up awareness to those aspiring to become firefighters looking for firefighter jobs. When we hit the areas of the mid-west we found departments like Muncie Indiana who had laid off 36 firefighters. We met with representatives from both the IAFF and the FMBA who told us stories of firefighter layoffs in all parts of the country. When we arrived in Nelsonville Ohio for the annual Youth Fire and EMS academy we met a local firefighter who used the FireCareers return to work program He told us that because of our FREE program helping displaced firefighters find new fire jobs he was able to get re-hired at a new department using our service. We ran into another firefighter at the 16 Engine Washington DC Fire who also told us his story of being a laid off firefighter in Ohio. He contacted the www.FireCareers.com office and through our help we helped him find a new firefighter job in DCFD.
    After 29 years in the business of helping others find firefighter jobs across the Country I’m not sure but the low cost of membership (about $5.00 a month) for a National service is very cost effective. Use the “BusTour” code during sign-up.

Forum Member

Firerecruit.com

Thread Information