Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

I was wondering the same thing. Hard to say. After backgrounds and a few CPAT failures, I could see the number being down a good bit.

Forum Member

so what's the next step in the process? you know when they gonna start doing boards?

Forum Member

Approx 1 -2 months before the next academy prob around jan of 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denusa View Post
    so what's the next step in the process? you know when they gonna start doing boards?

Forum Member

Do you guys know if they're gonna rerank us b4 that? or is it after oral boards?

Forum Member

After, orals you will be re ranked by your current number.

Do you guys know if they're gonna rerank us b4 that? or is it after oral boards?

Forum Member

Is the oral pass/fail?

Forum Member

Yes, it is basicaly a standard oral.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Is the oral pass/fail?

Forum Member

According to http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/678...al-Booklet.pdf. Orals gonna have 3 tiers: recommended, strongly recommended and not recommended.

Forum Member

According to http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/678...al-Booklet.pdf. Orals gonna have 3 tiers: recommended, strongly recommended and not recommended.
    Oh yea I remember reading that. So what is the difference between recommended and strongly recommended? Can that move you up or down on the list?

Forum Member

im on dallas thread, seems you guys are waiting as long as us. denver would be cool! any of you guys doing the 9/11 stair climb?

Forum Member

We were told at the CPAT that the rank is not the order that will be hired. He made it sound like the rank really didn't mean much and that they would pick whoever they thought had the best qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    After, orals you will be re ranked by your current number.

Forum Member

Firebing... I am. It was a great experience last year!

Forum Member

Has anyone heard confirmation on passing their Background Investigation phase?

Any word on dates for department interviews?

Forum Member

Nothing....

Forum Member

Has anyone heard any legitimate news on when Denver might put on another class?

New list? Old list?

Last I heard on here, they were supposed to start one this week from the old list, but I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myfireangel View Post
    Firebing... I am. It was a great experience last year!
    I am too. Looking forward to it. Did it last year and it was awesome.
    Myfireangel likes this.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

So the academy that was suppose to start on July 9th, i believe, didn't happen?

Forum Member

Can anyone confirm whether or not an academy class went in this month? If not, do they have one scheduled?

Forum Member

The minutes of the Civil Service Commission's sessions are public record, available at this link:

http://www.denvergov.org/civilservic...6/Default.aspx

Nothing directly answers questions about our screening/hiring process just yet, but as meetings take place, the minutes become available at the above link. The most recent two meetings do not have minutes posted yet, only the agendas for the meetings. The minutes from the Commission's June 1 meeting are the most recent published meeting information. The following is from the June 1 minutes:

"Lt. Rodney Sherrod asked if there was an upcoming Fire academy and if so, what list is being utilized? Jeff stated the Manager of Safety has requested a July 9th class and the names will come from the current list; not from the group just tested. Earl noted that the class start date could change slightly but that another academy wouldn’t be in the works until next year."

This of course does not answer the question of whether or not that potential Academy actually kicked off July 9, but it's the most recent officially-documented information. The next Commission meeting is slated for tomorrow, July 20, at which point the minutes from the previous meetings may get approved and published at the above link. In essence, once the last meeting's minutes are approved (at the next meeting) and published, we will have the most recently-discussed Commission information (i.e. business discussed at the June 15 and July 6 meetings).

This is all public record and about as close to "official" word as we can get, as it is the direct meeting notes from the Commission itself. According to the website, the Commission has meetings scheduled for July 20, August 3, and August 17. Hopefully more information is confirmed at that point.

All the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    The minutes of the Civil Service Commission's sessions are public record, available at this link:

http://www.denvergov.org/civilservic...6/Default.aspx

Nothing directly answers questions about our screening/hiring process just yet, but as meetings take place, the minutes become available at the above link. The most recent two meetings do not have minutes posted yet, only the agendas for the meetings. The minutes from the Commission's June 1 meeting are the most recent published meeting information. The following is from the June 1 minutes:

"Lt. Rodney Sherrod asked if there was an upcoming Fire academy and if so, what list is being utilized? Jeff stated the Manager of Safety has requested a July 9th class and the names will come from the current list; not from the group just tested. Earl noted that the class start date could change slightly but that another academy wouldn’t be in the works until next year."

This of course does not answer the question of whether or not that potential Academy actually kicked off July 9, but it's the most recent officially-documented information. The next Commission meeting is slated for tomorrow, July 20, at which point the minutes from the previous meetings may get approved and published at the above link. In essence, once the last meeting's minutes are approved (at the next meeting) and published, we will have the most recently-discussed Commission information (i.e. business discussed at the June 15 and July 6 meetings).

This is all public record and about as close to "official" word as we can get, as it is the direct meeting notes from the Commission itself. According to the website, the Commission has meetings scheduled for July 20, August 3, and August 17. Hopefully more information is confirmed at that point.

All the best.

Thanks for your time sir

Forum Member

Can't someone just call their HR and ask? Seems like a pretty simple task to a problem you all are having. Hell, i'm sure some of you even live up there.. just drive down there and find out.

If it's an issue of you not wanting to seem too eager, send down a friend, or relative.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Can't someone just call their HR and ask? Seems like a pretty simple task to a problem you all are having. Hell, i'm sure some of you even live up there.. just drive down there and find out.

If it's an issue of you not wanting to seem too eager, send down a friend, or relative.
    Dude you're overreacting...

Forum Member

Ha, i'm not even in the running for the job. It just seems like you guys are in the dark for no reason. All i'm trying to do is shed some light. I enjoy reading the treads about the process in the area i live in, but it seems like you guys are frustrated/confused for no reason. Somebody just needs to call up there and ask if they started an academy or not.

Hell, maybe i'll do it. I've got nothing invested in this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Ha, i'm not even in the running for the job. It just seems like you guys are in the dark for no reason. All i'm trying to do is shed some light. I enjoy reading the treads about the process in the area i live in, but it seems like you guys are frustrated/confused for no reason. Somebody just needs to call up there and ask if they started an academy or not.

Hell, maybe i'll do it. I've got nothing invested in this.
    Dude im not calling HR with every little question i have, you gotta be patient. That could've been a rumor, i just wanted to verify it here first. You have to be patient and wait, that's a part of a process. Nobody was in the dark or frustrated/confused for no reason. You started the BS how people are all stupid, frustrated and confused, and you're the one who sheds the light (lol), when it never was like in the first place. Like i said " dude you're overreacting"...

Forum Member

FYI,

My background and some other will be finished this friday.

Thread Information