Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

oh I see. I just thought that perhaps people might jump on CO Springs since it sounds like they will be making formal job offers first and some people might have a preference for Paramedic jobs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    I doubt it. The Co Springs is hiring off the safer grant. That does not guarantee you will have a job after the 3 years is up. If I understand correctly.
    I don't know... I don't think there are guarantees anywhere. I can't see people turning down a offer from the Springs to wait and see what happens in Denver. Especially with this rules of 3 business. You could do everything right but be up against some stronger applicants and you are out. I could see a few people dropping from DFD's list that could help others move up. Just my opinion though.

Good luck to everyone moving on with DFD though.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Agreed on all points, gentleman. Denver is far and away my choice. I am interviewing with Co Springs on Thursday, but fully intend to see Denver through, if they will have me. Best wishes to all in the DFD process. Hopefully we get our interviews scheduled soon!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    Sorry to jack the thread, but if any of you tested with Co Springs last week, the results are up. Their process is going to go VERY fast. They sent out test results today and interviews may start as soon as Monday. Academy on Feb. 19. Madness. I tested into Band 1, but DFD is absolutely my priority. Interesting because both processes could coincide over the next few weeks. *End Threadjack*
    Congratulations on making the first band for the springs. I also tested but only made it to band 2. I was kinda bummed but just like many people Denver is my first choice by far. I was curious to know what the score range was for band 1. I got 100%to on both the reading and the math which doesn't matter since it is pass or fail, 75% for the mechanical reasoning, and 82.8% on the human relations portion. That left my final score alittle over 82%. Overall I was more disappointed with the score than the fact I was not going to be able to move forward with the process. I was also curious to know if anybody has recieved any information about when the oral boards are going to take place?
    Last edited by James004; 01-20-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    Congratulations on making the first band for the springs. I also tested but only made it to band 2. I was kinda bummed but just like many people Denver is my first choice by far. I was curious to know what the score range was for band 1. I got 100%to on both the reading and the math which doesn't matter since it is pass or fail, 75% for the mechanical reasoning, and 82.8% on the human relations portion. That left my final score alittle over 82%. Overall I was more disappointed with the score than the fact I was not going to be able to move forward with the process. I was also curious to know if anybody has recieved any information about when the oral boards are going to take place?
    The springs has the most random testing that I have ever done, I have been in band 1 with no call for an interview, F if I know why. Let hope for DFD.
    Last edited by FireCO; 01-20-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    BoulderJ likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    The springs has the most random testing that I have ever done, I have been in band 1 for the last two years with no call for an interview, F if I know why. Let hope for DFD.
    I second that. I have been in band 1 for the last two years as well and nada. I'm curious if Denver actually makes offers soon if anyone who gets an offer from the Springs will jump ship. I know there are at least a few people in both processes.

Forum Member

Yeah I hear you guys. No chance I would choose Springs over Denver, if I got offers from both. Interviewing with Springs Thursday, but hoping our DFD board comes soon.

James004, I was at 85.94%. Not sure what the cut-off was for Band 1.

FireCO, I hear you on that. My buddy made Band 1 this time around and has not received the e-mail invite to interview. Bizarre process.

Forum Member

So it sounds like everbody will take denver over CO Springs, both are hard depts to get on.
    jkgjr1, my score was 86.91 with no call for interview, but two of my friends with lower scores have calls. Crazy.
    Yeah I hear you guys. No chance I would choose Springs over Denver, if I got offers from both. Interviewing with Springs Thursday, but hoping our DFD board comes soon.

James004, I was at 85.94%. Not sure what the cut-off was for Band 1.

FireCO, I hear you on that. My buddy made Band 1 this time around and has not received the e-mail invite to interview. Bizarre process.
    Last edited by FireCO; 01-20-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Forum Member

Guys/Gals,

You need to be careful on what you say here. People on both departments read these threads. Putting the information together it isn't that difficult to pinpoint who is who based on test dates, scores, ect. Posting things like 'i'd rather work here than there' and interview for 'here' might not be a good idea.

Just sayin'
    yjbrody, jkgjr1 and sb2203 like this.

Forum Member

Very good point, best of luck to all in both processes.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Guys/Gals,

You need to be careful on what you say here. People on both departments read these threads. Putting the information together it isn't that difficult to pinpoint who is who based on test dates, scores, ect. Posting things like 'i'd rather work here than there' and interview for 'here' might not be a good idea.

Just sayin'

Forum Member

Yeah, good point. Things could be easily misunderstood on here. I just mean given the uncertainty around Co Springs' grant-based hiring, I would lean toward Denver, if all things were equal. I would be thrilled with either job offer.

Forum Member

My buddy went through the last academy with the springs and he said that the fears of lay off's with the grant money is not an issue, due to the fact that the springs is having many members leaving for one reason or another. So don't pass up a fire job looking for the "golden ticket"
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone have thoughts on when the interview/board process is going to be? If mid-March is really a "go" then it would need to be fairly soon I would think.

Forum Member

Nothing really to misunderstand. You said that you would rather work for Denver.

'No chance I would choose Springs over Denver, if I got offers from both.'

Like I said. Be careful.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Nothing really to misunderstand. You said that you would rather work for Denver.

'No chance I would choose Springs over Denver, if I got offers from both.'

Like I said. Be careful.

Yes. And that's what I mean. If I got offers from both right now, I would go with Denver. Less uncertainty, with the whole grant-based thing. I would love to work for Co Springs, if all things are equal, and in no way am I saying I would pass on Springs. None of us have offers from either dept yet, so it's really here nor there.

Forum Member

All,
    Check your e-mail
    ColoradoDave and Denusa like this.

Forum Member

Cool

Nice looks like March 11th is the date. I wonder how long it is going to take to find out if or when we will get invited to do the departmental review. All this anticipation is making me crazy but it is exciting to know we are almost there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    All,
    Check your e-mail
    What's the word? I am not in this process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    What's the word? I am not in this process.
    Me neither. I want to be in the know too.

Edit: Well I actually am, but way way down on the list. Just curious.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

More or less the email stated that my file had been sent to the manger of safety for consideration for the anticipated march 11th academy and that we would get further correspondence once the manger of safety chooses if you will be selected to do the departmental interview.
    FireCO likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    More or less the email stated that my file had been sent to the manger of safety for consideration for the anticipated march 11th academy and that we would get further correspondence once the manger of safety chooses if you will be selected to do the departmental interview.

Right on! Good luck to everyone in the process.

Forum Member

I got the same thing. Congrats, friends.

Forum Member

Anyone else heard that Aurora is running an academy March 11 too? Since they use the same facility, does this mean a joint DFD/AFD class? Not cool.

Forum Member

Anyone else heard that Aurora is running an academy March 11 too? Since they use the same facility, does this mean a joint DFD/AFD class? Not cool.
    Doesn't mean they are having a joint academy necessarily, just that they may be using the facility at the same time. They've done this in the past from what I've heard. They may be using the tower or the burn building while DFD is in the classrooms and vice versa. There's plenty of room to play at their facility without bumping into each other.

Going back to what peter said, watch what you say on here. I don't think DFD cares if you don't think it's cool. And even if it does turn out to be a joint academy, why does that mean it's a bad thing? I get that you didn't apply to DFD to become a AFD FF but you know that's not going to be the case and lots can be learned by finding out more about other department's way of doing things. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Stay safe all and congrats on those moving on

Thread Information