Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

That would be tremendous, buddy. They said 1-1.5 weeks? Great news. I'm guessing after the Jan. 18 CSC meeting would make sense.
    Denusa and FireCO like this.

Forum Member

Hello everybody. I am curious to know if anybody has recieved any letters in regards to oral boards and if everyones status is still eligible for the eligible register? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    Hello everybody. I am curious to know if anybody has recieved any letters in regards to oral boards and if everyones status is still eligible for the eligible register? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    No letters, still eligible for eligible. Give it another 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it changes

Forum Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep my eye on this forum and update if I get any additional information.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

The next Denver CSC meeting is this Friday, Jan. 18. Hopefully there is new info after that meeting.

Forum Member

Default In station rumors on hiring

Ladies and gents,
    Rumor on the inside at the firehouse is they will fast track the rest of the dec 2011 candidates in the top 50 to get top guys ready for March 15, or thereabouts. There is a boot at our house that just finished the last class and is well on his way to finishing probation on his dream career. Im only writing because I know its such an unknown as to when etc, and you dont want to be the guy always calling civil service to check on or harassing background to give to info Its a long and unknown process, but be fit, keep a clean record and dont give commish any reason with the "rule of three" to pass you up. There will potentially be 5 cadets that will take a portion of the class, but that can change. Good luck, and take it all with a grain of salt, as firehouse talk can get a bit nutty.

Scott
    Denusa, jkgjr1 and Flag0512 like this.

Forum Member

Thanks, Scott. Much appreciated. It's nice to have some info from inside the house. Any idea how many they might take from that Top 50?
    Denusa likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    Thanks, Scott. Much appreciated. It's nice to have some info from inside the house. Any idea how many they might take from that Top 50?
    Hey gang, hard to say. We have a lieutenant here that sits on the civil service and looks likeq they want to run a couple classes back to back, budget permitting. He also says they are focusing big time on hiring cops. Doesn't help your matter, but movement in the city is good. Its been stagnant for quite awhile till this last class went through. I also know 2 guys that left the process and were hired in other places. One in Dallas and one in south metro. That opens up a couple more slots in the rankings for you guys. Stay strong, work hard and strive for district 2. Like i said earlier, i know the process is slow and grueling at times, and I would of loved any inside info when I went through it, whether its station rumors or not.

Scott
    Denusa, jkgjr1 and Flag0512 like this.

Forum Member

Thank you so much for the info! Just out of curiousity what is the rule of 3's?

Forum Member

The rule of 3 is that the commissioners can take three apps that are certified and completed and throw out 2 to keep the competition strong and give the Dfd the best recruits. That is basic verbiage, but in a gist, that's what it means.
    The process to get hired is not difficult for any qualified individual, but the need to be in the top couple percentage and then not get tossed or skipped over by a selective meeting, that's the challenge.

Scott

Forum Member

Wow, I didn't know that's how it was done...interesting.

Forum Member

I just got a job offer from another dept. today, so you can scratch one more off the list. Good luck to those left in the running.
    Denusa and jkgjr1 like this.

Forum Member

Congrats, brother. All the best.

Forum Member

Guys and gals, check your application status.

CSC meetings minutes and agenda have been updated as well but there seems to be no info relating to our situation.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Certified to Manager. Congrats, ladies and gents. I'm not leaving the mailbox.

Sure sounds like there is no panel interview. Just a med screen?

Forum Member

Im certified to manager as well!

Here is the link guys http://www.denvergov.org/apps/csc/

I like how at the end in states not to quit your job at this moment ! lol

JK You dont think there is going to be an interview? i thought that is a must!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denusa View Post
    Im certified to manager as well!

Here is the link guys http://www.denvergov.org/apps/csc/

I like how at the end in states not to quit your job at this moment ! lol

JK You dont think there is going to be an interview? i thought that is a must!

I didn't get the impression there would be no interview. According to the "ENTRY-LEVEL FIREFIGHTER EXAMINATION PROCESS" the steps are going along exactly as they should, with the interview being the next step.

Just to note though, in the information booklet it does say "Applicants who have been certified for consideration for original appointment may be subject to an interview by a panel of members
    from the Denver Fire Department." As I said though, everything is moving along the way it should according to the process diagram, so I am anticipating an interview.
    Last edited by DFDNY444; 01-17-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats brother, where at?

Quote Originally Posted by malder View Post
    I just got a job offer from another dept. today, so you can scratch one more off the list. Good luck to those left in the running.

Forum Member

Certified to the manager!

Forum Member

I got certified to manager as well. Congrats to all who are moving on! Looking forward to finding out what the rest of the process is going to look like time wise.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Thread Information