Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Nothing really to misunderstand. You said that you would rather work for Denver.

'No chance I would choose Springs over Denver, if I got offers from both.'

Like I said. Be careful.

Yes. And that's what I mean. If I got offers from both right now, I would go with Denver. Less uncertainty, with the whole grant-based thing. I would love to work for Co Springs, if all things are equal, and in no way am I saying I would pass on Springs. None of us have offers from either dept yet, so it's really here nor there.

Forum Member

All,
    Check your e-mail
    ColoradoDave and Denusa like this.

Forum Member

Cool

Nice looks like March 11th is the date. I wonder how long it is going to take to find out if or when we will get invited to do the departmental review. All this anticipation is making me crazy but it is exciting to know we are almost there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    All,
    Check your e-mail
    What's the word? I am not in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    What's the word? I am not in this process.
    Me neither. I want to be in the know too.

Edit: Well I actually am, but way way down on the list. Just curious.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

More or less the email stated that my file had been sent to the manger of safety for consideration for the anticipated march 11th academy and that we would get further correspondence once the manger of safety chooses if you will be selected to do the departmental interview.
    FireCO likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    More or less the email stated that my file had been sent to the manger of safety for consideration for the anticipated march 11th academy and that we would get further correspondence once the manger of safety chooses if you will be selected to do the departmental interview.

Right on! Good luck to everyone in the process.

Forum Member

I got the same thing. Congrats, friends.

Forum Member

Anyone else heard that Aurora is running an academy March 11 too? Since they use the same facility, does this mean a joint DFD/AFD class? Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    Anyone else heard that Aurora is running an academy March 11 too? Since they use the same facility, does this mean a joint DFD/AFD class? Not cool.
    Doesn't mean they are having a joint academy necessarily, just that they may be using the facility at the same time. They've done this in the past from what I've heard. They may be using the tower or the burn building while DFD is in the classrooms and vice versa. There's plenty of room to play at their facility without bumping into each other.

Going back to what peter said, watch what you say on here. I don't think DFD cares if you don't think it's cool. And even if it does turn out to be a joint academy, why does that mean it's a bad thing? I get that you didn't apply to DFD to become a AFD FF but you know that's not going to be the case and lots can be learned by finding out more about other department's way of doing things. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Stay safe all and congrats on those moving on

Forum Member

They do this all the time. They use the same training facility, and it makes sense to send the AFD guys through at the same time.

Not sure how you got this far. You really don't seem to know a whole lot about the department, and your attitude is wanting. The AFD guys are solid FF's, they run some legit fire and medical calls. Not sure how having them in the academy would be 'not cool'.

Most major fire departments share training grounds/academies if the need a few guys to go through and don't want to drop officers off the line to be cadre. Phoenix does it with surprise and goodyear, MIFtec was at one time the entire west metro/south metro team.

Again, not sure why you would think this was uncool. Maybe you can clarify, and help yourself from not looking like a jerk.

Forum Member

I think jkgjr1 was concerned with the academy size. If half were from AFD and half DFD then there would be less room vs a full on DFD academy...
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

My point was that, if it were to be a joint academy, it could potentially split the number of DFD folks in half. I think it would be awesome if they ran both at the same time, YJBrody. Aurora FD has some great people.
    Last edited by jkgjr1; 01-24-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Forum Member

They do this all the time. They use the same training facility, and it makes sense to send the AFD guys through at the same time.

Not sure how you got this far. You really don't seem to know a whole lot about the department, and your attitude is wanting. The AFD guys are solid FF's, they run some legit fire and medical calls. Not sure how having them in the academy would be 'not cool'.

Most major fire departments share training grounds/academies if the need a few guys to go through and don't want to drop officers off the line to be cadre. Phoenix does it with surprise and goodyear, MIFtec was at one time the entire west metro/south metro team.

Again, not sure why you would think this was uncool. Maybe you can clarify, and help yourself from not looking like a jerk.
    I meant only that, if it was to be a joint academy, that could theoretically mean only half as many DFD recruits in that class. Thus, all of us on here having half the chance. I'm in the Aurora process as well, so not sure where you get anything about AFD not being "solid FFs" from anything I said. I've ridden with Aurora and they were outstanding folks. "Not cool" referred only to the chance that, if it was half-AFD/half-DFD that would mathematically mean fewer DFD guys. It it just means concurrent academies, all the better for everyone, and thanks for clarifying. This is why we pose questions and discussions on a blog.

Not sure why you find it necessary to condescend whenever anyone makes a comment or poses a question you don't like on here. Or how you think you can evaluate my knowledge, understanding, or attitude through some blog posts. It's just a blog, friend, people ask questions and throw out ideas. It's not an interview or an evaluation. I get that people from depts might look at them, but I think they are perfectly familiar with the questions and comments that arise during these processes. I hardly worry about "looking like a jerk" to you or anyone else. We have an in-depth, lengthy hiring process for a reason.

If they "do this all the time" and it will indeed be concurrent, rather than conjoined, then great news. Best of luck to everyone in the DFD and AFD processes. Hope to see you guys there, as a recruit for either dept.

Forum Member

Peter, i'm sure you are a knowledgeable guy and I appreciate your insights into these processes. I'm only throwing out questions. If that comes off "jerk"-ish to you, that's not my intention. Remember this is an entry-level process, so the blog is going to reflect the questions/concerns/comments of entry-level folks, like myself. Thanks for answering the question though; I was not aware those departments ran their academies side-by-side instead of the same class.

Forum Member

"Not sure how you got this far".

And I was the one "looking like a jerk". lol.

I jest, I jest. Best of luck, guys.

Forum Member

I've been looking at neighborhoods near the academy and Stapleton is nice...a bit expensive though!
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    I've been looking at neighborhoods near the academy and Stapleton is nice...a bit expensive though!
    Did you look a litte farther north? Like By reunion, if you were that far north it would still only take you about 20 minutes or less to get to Academy.

Maybe like Belle Creek Apartments or Indigo Creek Apartments. I wish my wife was still working for the short-term housing company she used to work for.

-Dave

Forum Member

I haven't looked that far North...just thought Stapleton looked nice, Im not from Colorado so Im kiiiinda throwing a dart at the board here!

Forum Member

Try zillow.com

Thread Information