Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Is the latest rumor still a September academy? Wouldn't that run through Xmas?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Is the latest rumor still a September academy? Wouldn't that run through Xmas?
    I didn't think that was a rumor. It originally came from DFD's website and it's still listed there.

I don't know what they do if an academy runs into a holiday though. I would look on their site to find their contract details. I would assume they would follow the days off for their office employees in the academy too since their training instructors don't work 24/48s. Just a thought. It's probably out there if you do some looking. Or maybe one of the DFD guys will chime in.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

I'm really hoping that we make it into the Fall academy...going through that testing process again must be tough.

Forum Member

If you are in academy and it is a holiday, you will get the day off and just come back to normal schedule afterwards
    Colo likes this.

Forum Member

Just noticed so figured I would share: DFD's website now says Fall academy of 20 for 2013. Don't know if that's good news that they say 20 specifically, or bad news that there is no mention of September specifically. Let the speculation begin.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything new? Didn't get much info at the CPAT.

Forum Member

I don't know if this information is new or not but I heard that they are still anticipating to have a class of 16 sometime in September and there is a possibility that there will be an academy in early 2014. I really hope that is the case but only time will tell. My guess is we should start to hear about the selection process for the september academy around late July or early August.

Forum Member

So I'm curious how many guys were at the CPAT on Saturday. Anyone know how many (approximatley) candidates they are screening at this time?

Forum Member

I was hired by another dept, so at least one less. Good luck to those of you still in it!

Forum Member

Just took my CPAT this past Sat and there were groups on the hour every hour for the whole day (they said), about 8 per group. Not much info besides what's been posted though. Academy later in the year Sept/Octish, but that seemed up in the air. They are still working on Police Backgrounds, so ours are going to be delayed being approved by the CSC.

Forum Member

Anyone notice on the Dept. of Safety page it now states 44 new hires in 2013 off of 2012 List? Seems kinda odd to add that last part...any theories?

Forum Member

Maybe because they are going to be retesting at the end of the year, there could be some confusion. Earl said our list was good till Sept '14 which is longer than usual. Just a guess though.

Forum Member

I sure hope so...the wait is probably the hardest part of the process. Have you heard recently that our list is good til 09/13? Have you gone through this process more than once? Is it at all different the second time around?

Forum Member

Has anyones status changed who was passed up on the last academy. Mine still says passed up by manager of safety.

Forum Member

Have you heard recently that our list is good til 09/13? Have you gone through this process more than once? Is it at all different the second time around?
    Yeah, the sept date is right, but they said '14 at our CPAT since the CSC waited to "activate" the list from our testing. The good news is that even though they will be starting another round of testing Earl said our list will still be good till sept '14 because it has to stay active for 2 years due to city rules or charter or something.

The only thing that I have noticed going through several times is that they start to recognize you wish is nice on one way, but also in a small way depressing because it hasn't happened worked out yet. The poly guy recognized me, the Dr and my background investigator too. This is my 3rd time through. Just have to keep plugging.

Forum Member

Thanks for the response. Was the process any different/shorter after the first time through or is it exactly the same?

My status still says passed over as well...did any one receive a certificate of the cpat in the mail or in an email? I didn't.

Forum Member

I have not received my certificate yet either. As for the process this is my first time through but i would imagine everybody has too go through the whole process because things change. However i bet the second time around is a little less stressful because you know what to expect. The waiting part is still probably the hardest part.

Forum Member

Was the process any different/shorter after the first time through or is it exactly the same?

did any one receive a certificate of the cpat in the mail or in an email? I didn't.
    No, the process is exactly the same. The only thing that I noticed was different is that my BI was also looking at my past background packets in addition to this years mostly looking for any changes. Nothing is speed up or shortened though. Same hoops as you guys.

Also, I asked Jeff about the CPAT certs when I was there to test (when we could expect them) and he didn't have a date. The way he worded it though didn't make it sound like it was a high priority for them. He said they are focusing on the upcoming PD academy at this time.

Maybe people can post here when they get theirs so others know to keep an eye out for it.

Edit: You know I just remembered that the final CPAT test date is tomorrow, so I wonder if they are just waiting until all the testing is done before sending out certs. That mixed with them handling PD testing could be delaying them. Just a thought.
    Last edited by yjbrody; 06-14-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Added info

Forum Member

Oh yeah I forgot that the final CPAT would effect the certificates going out. Thanks for the info as well. Hopefully we will all be getting interviews soon enough!

Forum Member

Rumor is november for the next class

Forum Member

That's the last I heard too...hope it's a bigger class than what they mentioned at the CPAT. Any guess as to when the next step might be, based on previous processes?

Forum Member

I could be wrong but I think the next step will be re-certification of the names from the eligible register and then the manager of safety will pick who gets to participate in the oral boards. That is what happened last time. When did everybody hear the rumor about the next academy being in November. The last I heard was it could be anytime between September and November and that was at the second cpat session.

Forum Member

Anyone hear any rumors lately? The Civil Service page still lists 44 new hires for this year.

Forum Member

Anyone hear any rumors lately? The Civil Service page still lists 44 new hires for this year.
    I haven't heard anything since the second cpat session. When did you hear that the next academy was most likely to happen in November? Also has anybody gotten there CPAT Certificate in the mail yet?

Forum Member

The whole November thing was just what I overheard at the CPAT...wouldn't put much stock in it...no CPAT here either. Just hope our number gets called soon!

Thread Information