Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

JK dont pay attention to smart ****s. They look down on everybody even tho they probies themselves.
    A lot of firefighters are humble, nice people, willing to help. But i hate those "firefighters" or "wannabes" that think they're above everybody, and ready to spit at anybody when they have a chance. I sometimes wonder how those people got on, lottery?

Anyway Good luck to you bro

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    I haven't looked that far North...just thought Stapleton looked nice, Im not from Colorado so Im kiiiinda throwing a dart at the board here!
    I would try north. Thornton, northglenn, henderson,reunion maybe even brighton. It shouldn't take you more than 20 mins to get to the grounds. Brighton tho might take a lil longer, but I bet that would be one of the cheapest places. If you go Aurora , you most likely gonna hit traffic all the time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denusa View Post
    I would try north. Thornton, northglenn, henderson,reunion maybe even brighton. It shouldn't take you more than 20 mins to get to the grounds. Brighton tho might take a lil longer, but I bet that would be one of the cheapest places. If you go Aurora , you most likely gonna hit traffic all the time.

I live in Thornton and it only takes me about 20 or so min to get over by the academy. And thats mid day when I am taking my kid to the zoo.
    Denusa likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denusa View Post
    JK dont pay attention to smart ****s. They look down on everybody even tho they probies themselves.
    A lot of firefighters are humble, nice people, willing to help. But i hate those "firefighters" or "wannabes" that think they're above everybody, and ready to spit at anybody when they have a chance. I sometimes wonder how those people got on, lottery?

Anyway Good luck to you bro

Haha. Same to you, buddy. I have no ill-will toward anyone regardless. Always glad to learn something new.

Forum Member

Anyone else live in the Los Angeles area still in the running? Getting anxious waiting on a interview date.

Forum Member

Hoping we hear something about interviews this week. Seems like we would have to start wrapping things up soon.
    pyrotyro likes this.

Forum Member

How much are tickets going to cost for the trip to denver?
    Quote Originally Posted by kypnonsequitur View Post
    Anyone else live in the Los Angeles area still in the running? Getting anxious waiting on a interview date.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    Hoping we hear something about interviews this week. Seems like we would have to start wrapping things up soon.
    Bro, you will be in the springs academy before we get going. Good luck on your ladder climb.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    Bro, you will be in the springs academy before we get going. Good luck on your ladder climb.
    Yeah, good call. Springs starts Feb. 19. That's why I'm hoping we get answers soon.

Thanks man. Never done the ladder climb before, but should be fun.

Forum Member

Has anybody heard when the civil service commission may start to send out the emails or letters for the departmental interviews? I was figuring that it might be this week since the academy is starting may 11th. The last time i spoke with Mr. Wilson he did not have a time frame.

Forum Member

Anyone here been to 1999 Broadway? Curious how many steps it is per floor...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    Has anybody heard when the civil service commission may start to send out the emails or letters for the departmental interviews? I was figuring that it might be this week since the academy is starting may 11th. The last time i spoke with Mr. Wilson he did not have a time frame.
    I'm assuming you meant March 11? No word of interviews yet, although as of this morning my status has been updated. I would like to think we'll hear something real soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    I'm assuming you meant March 11? No word of interviews yet, although as of this morning my status has been updated. I would like to think we'll hear something real soon.
    Haha. Yes i did mean March 11th. Good catch. My status still says Certified to Manager. What did your status change too?

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Anyone here been to 1999 Broadway? Curious how many steps it is per floor...
    There are some postings of their past academies on youtube. You might be able to catch a glimpse on one of them. My guess is 30 per floor, but that's just going off of the century link building that they do the 9/11 stair climb in. Probably a similar layout or something close.

If anyone is interested I've got DFD's Chief McGrail's High Rise Ops book and there is a full chapter on their academy. If you guys want some details on what to expect I could post some stuff. Just let me know.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

As of today, my status is "Current Department Interview". Here's what it says:

As part of the Certification to the Manager of Safety, you must undergo an interview by the Denver Fire Department. The Manager of Safety will not review any files until an interview and recommendation is made by the Oral board panel. You will receive notification for your departmental interview appointment.

Get your answers ready men! Boxers of Briefs?
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DenvFire View Post
    As of today, my status is "Current Department Interview". Here's what it says:

As part of the Certification to the Manager of Safety, you must undergo an interview by the Denver Fire Department. The Manager of Safety will not review any files until an interview and recommendation is made by the Oral board panel. You will receive notification for your departmental interview appointment.

Congratulations! Mine does not say that yet. I guess i will find out soon enough if i get an interview. If you don't mind me asking what was your ranking?

Forum Member

I have no idea! No one ever told me after the test. I was in the 70s last year after the written, no idea now...

I though about calling Mr Wilson, but don't want to bug him.

Forum Member

C: boxer briefs

Congrats!
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

I have no idea! No one ever told me after the test. I was in the 70s last year after the written, no idea now...

I though about calling Mr Wilson, but don't want to bug him.
    Yeah i know what you mean i don't like calling to bug either but every time I do he always says to give him a call if i have any other question. My last ranking was around 57 last time i checked.
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

DenvFire are you a in-state applicant? I haven't been updated but Im out of state.

Thread Information