Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

does anyone know if Colorado accepts dod fire certs? they are all ifsta. I contacted someone at the drcog and all she gave me was a list of who hires from their testing.

Forum Member

From the Commission Meeting on July 12, 2013:

The Commission is processing Police applicants for a December entry-level Police Academy
    and we will be ready to certify Fire applicants by end of August; pending an academy date.

Hopefully that is good news. Also, has anyone received their CPAT certificate in the mail as of yet? Thanks

Forum Member

Thanks for posting. No cert for me yet.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Thanks for posting. No cert for me yet.
    So i called in and found out that the cpat certs will be sent out some time after 8/19. I didn't get any other additional information other than that though. Hope we all hear something soon!!!

Forum Member

FYI: Just got my CPAT cert in the mail.
    Flag0512 likes this.

Forum Member

Sounds like an academy in November of 11 people.

Forum Member

Where did you hear the latest news? I guess it is a good thing that there is going to be an academy but I am kinda disappointed that the number of academy candidates continues to get smaller.

Forum Member

Yeah, doesn't look good for an early academy for next year either. Strange to see an academy that small. Might be a join one with Aurora. I think they have a fall academy on the books.

Forum Member

I would hope with a new station going up now and another planned at the airport that academies next year would have to be bigger....

Forum Member

It could just be a yearly budget thing too. Maybe more money will be available at the start of next year. As usual... wait and see.

The new station, is that a go for sure now? I remember hearing about that a while back, but then it got put on hold.

Forum Member

Yea I believe metal is up
    Last edited by Colo; 08-23-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Yea the metal work is up at the new station. Do you know if you get in trouble for calling Civil Service for more info on the process?
    I have called there many times for updates and they have never got upset and are always very helpful.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything?

Forum Member

I have not heard a word!! Hopefully we will hear something soon though.

Forum Member

On the agenda for today's civil service meeting:

"2013 Firefighter Eligible Register (8-19-13)

Forum Member

Haha I saw that too...but of course the date only raised more questions!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Haha I saw that too...but of course the date only raised more questions!!!
    Just saw this posting. Another person in the process said this date was when his packet was going to be reviewed by the CSC and certified for the eligible list for the November class or whatever that step is. That's all. I think you are already past this part if the process Colo.

Breaking rumor alert!!!

On another note, a guy in my dept was talking to the recruiter and it sounds like there *may* be lots of openings next year. Maybe that's what all recruiters say though, but thought it sounded promising. Said 2, maybe 3, stations opening and lots of retirees. We know about the one station and I think someone mentioned another airport station also, but thought I would share.

This concludes your breaking hearsay alert... we now return you to your regularly scheduled reality.

Forum Member

Hey, can someone help me out with interpreting my status? I show as 'Eligible for the eligible roster'. As I think I understand, it means that I've passed my background, but my file is waiting to be reviewed by the CSC based on rank number, correct? Is this where the rumored rule of 3's comes in? Or has it been reviewed by the CSC and is now awaiting progression based on rank?

Anyone that's already been through this have any insight? If not, I may just ask for some clarification from Jeff Wilson. Otherwise, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Forum Member

Hey, can someone help me out with interpreting my status? I show as 'Eligible for the eligible roster'. As I think I understand, it means that I've passed my background, but my file is waiting to be reviewed by the CSC based on rank number, correct? Is this where the rumored rule of 3's comes in? Or has it been reviewed by the CSC and is now awaiting progression based on rank?

Anyone that's already been through this have any insight? If not, I may just ask for some clarification from Jeff Wilson. Otherwise, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
    I don't know the answer, but I'm in the same boat. Let us know what you hear!

Forum Member

Thanks guys
    The next step should be certification to the manager of safety. Look back a few pages and you'll see the last class that went thru and their process. The manager of safety chooses as he likes along with input from the chief supposedly and those candidates move on to the interview. Following the interview the Manager looks at the panel's recommendations and makes the final selections. If my memory serves me correct, these are the final steps. Rumor has it Nov 18, class between 12-18 recruits.
    Last edited by DFDNY444; 09-27-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    The next step should be certification to the manager of safety. Look back a few pages and you'll see the last class that went thru and their process. The manager of safety chooses as he likes along with input from the chief supposedly and those candidates move on to the interview. Following the interview the Manager looks at the panel's recommendations and makes the final selections. If my memory serves me correct, these are the final steps. Rumor has it Nov 18, class between 12-18 recruits.
    DFDNY444 is right on the money. In the last process my status went from eligible for the eligible roster to certified to the manager of safety. At that point is when the manager of safety chose who got the departmental interviews and I believe that is where the rumored rule of 3 comes into play. After the interviews conditional offers are made and you have to go through the medical exam, psychological exam, and drug screening. Once you get through that you may get the final job offer.

However I heard that in the process this time around they may not do the departmental interviews. Only time will tell. Good luck to all who are still in the process.

Forum Member

Has anybody who was passed over by the manger of safety for the last academy had a change of status online or received an email in regards to there current status? My status still says passed over by the manager of safety when i check online. Thanks for any input.

Forum Member

DFDNY444 & James004,

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate you clarifying it for me.

I also heard that interviews may not be done for the Nov academy as well. Maybe because of the tight turn around, but interesting. I've heard different opinions on the interviews from different people. Some say they are so far towards the end that they are mostly just a formality, while others say that they are very strict and formal and carry a lot of weight. I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but the two seem so at odds with each other I'm curious to see if anyone else has heard anything regarding orals?

Stay safe guys

Forum Member

DFDNY444 & James004,

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate you clarifying it for me.

I also heard that interviews may not be done for the Nov academy as well. Maybe because of the tight turn around, but interesting. I've heard different opinions on the interviews from different people. Some say they are so far towards the end that they are mostly just a formality, while others say that they are very strict and formal and carry a lot of weight. I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but the two seem so at odds with each other I'm curious to see if anyone else has heard anything regarding orals?

Stay safe guys
    I also forgot to mention, and I'm not sure if you guys already know, but the Manager of Safety is resigning from his position as of October 1st I believe. I think they will have an interim manager but not an officially appointed one. I'm pretty sure that's why all of these rumors are swirling around about no interviews. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Forum Member

Any more rumors on interviews or not? Just trying to plan when I need to make the trip. Also, on the website it now states two 24 person academies next year....also read somewhere that our list may expire in June instead of next September...yikes!

Thread Information