Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

@jkgjr1 did your status change as well? Also how is the colorado springs process going?

Forum Member

Well i got the email letting me know that i would not be considered for this academy. Really bummed but all i can do is keep trying and hope i get a shot in October. Congrats to all that made it to the next step in the process.

Forum Member

I got the same email. Not selected for this one. Hopefully fall. Best of luck to everyone else.

I finished the process with Springs. Did physicals, ladder climb, psych exam, psych interview, and polygraph all on weds. Just waiting on final offers to go out.

Hope to see everyone for a fall DFD academy! All the best to the March class!

Forum Member

Do we still have a shot at the next academy? Or should we pretty much assume we are out of the running for good if we weren't scheduled for interviews?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Do we still have a shot at the next academy? Or should we pretty much assume we are out of the running for good if we weren't scheduled for interviews?
    My understanding of the email is that our names will stay on the certified list and could be choosen if there is a future academy that takes place during the time that the list is still valid.

Forum Member

Best of luck to all those moving on! One step closer to making the dream come true! Don't forget about us little people on this forum!

Forum Member

I took it to mean that the rest remain on the list for next time. So this class goes through and the rest remain in consideration for next academy (Fall). So theoretically everyone moves "up" the roster in a sense.

Forum Member

sorry to hear that guys, i guess there is no way to find out why he didn't choose certain people. Good luck to everybody!
    yjbrody and jkgjr1 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denusa View Post
    sorry to hear that guys, i guess there is no way to find out why he didn't choose certain people. Good luck to everybody!
    Yeah, hard to say. Hoping everyone who remains gets another look for next academy. Stoked for the guys entering the March academy though. It's been a long wait, well deserved gents. Hopefully the rest of us can follow you later this year.
    yjbrody and Denusa like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    I took it to mean that the rest remain on the list for next time. So this class goes through and the rest remain in consideration for next academy (Fall). So theoretically everyone moves "up" the roster in a sense.
    Hopefully it works like this!

I also got the "not selected" email... Congrats to those who did, and lets hope we get a shot at the fall academy!
    Denusa and jkgjr1 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotyro View Post
    Hopefully it works like this!

I also got the "not selected" email... Congrats to those who did, and lets hope we get a shot at the fall academy!
    Congrats to all that have made it this far. How many are possibly getting interviewed for the 22 slots?

^^^^ This and don't forget that this list is still good until somewhere around the summer of '14 while they test and certify the next list. In addition to this fall's academy, an early academy next year could easily include you guys from this list too if you are further down. It's a bummer for those that aren't moving on this round, but still a great spot to be in.

Congrats to those moving to orals too!

Stay safe guys
    Last edited by yjbrody; 02-01-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Clarification
    jkgjr1 likes this.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    Congrats to all that have made it this far. How many are possibly getting interviewed for the 22 slots?
    Not for sure, rumor is there are 30 people getting interviewed. I'm really sorry to hear some of you are not being interviewed. Hopefully fall.

Also, btw, not to get too down, but if you are really committed to Denver Fire, and are willing to start this process over again, keep an eye on the employment page. Looks like the next application date will be announced in September. If I don't get in this round, you can bet I'll be applying again!

Forum Member

Anyone here that is within that top 30 ranking that didn't get an interview?

Forum Member

Anyone here that is within that top 30 ranking that didn't get an interview?
    Yes indeed. Not sure how they selected, but it definitely wasn't just the Top 30 they picked.

Forum Member

misery loves company! jk. They have to mix em up...we'll be in the next one!
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

Of the top 30 that were picked how many have prior experience and how many have certs IE: EMT, FF1,FF2? OR if you were not picked did you have certs?

Yes indeed. Not sure how they selected, but it definitely wasn't just the Top 30 they picked.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    Of the top 30 that were picked how many have prior experience and how many have certs IE: EMT, FF1,FF2? OR if you were not picked did you have certs?
    Yeah, I wondered this also. Maybe prior experience was a big plus for this class? I am just EMT-B, myself.

Forum Member

I have just about every cert. you can imagine (im kind of a big deal ).... I think the rule of 3 is what got a lot of people...I guess it makes sense...at least trying to mix up the ranks for each academy...heard rumors of two more academies off our list
    jkgjr1 likes this.

Forum Member

I have just about every cert. you can imagine (im kind of a big deal ).... I think the rule of 3 is what got a lot of people...I guess it makes sense...at least trying to mix up the ranks for each academy...heard rumors of two more academies off our list
    More academies the better, my friend. This pleases kemosabi.

Thread Information