Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Any more rumors on interviews or not? Just trying to plan when I need to make the trip. Also, on the website it now states two 24 person academies next year....also read somewhere that our list may expire in June instead of next September...yikes!
    The last thing I was told by Mr. Wison was that it was still undetermined if interviews are going to be conducted. That was a week ago though so there is a chance that they may have made a decision by now. I have also heard that the list may expire between June and September as well.

Colo did you make it to the Certified to the Manager of Safety list last round? If so does your status online still say passed over by the manager of safety? I had received an email saying I had been Certified to the Manager of Safety for this academy but my status has not changed.

Forum Member

also read somewhere that our list may expire in June instead of next September...yikes!
    I heard that from a buddy too. That shaves a bunch of time off those that are holding out for another academy.

Interesting about the 2 classes of 24 though. That's new info to me too. Could be promising for the current list depending on when they schedule them for. Gotta figure that at least one will be off next years list though.

Edit: just noticed that they specifically say 24 new hires spring 2014 & 24 new hires fall 2014. They have my attention.
    Last edited by yjbrody; 10-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    cabbens likes this.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Yeah James mine still says "passed over"...and I check it a lot...and every time I do its a punch to the gut!

yjbrody, I was pretty excited too...sounds like big growth is fueling more hires...but the June expiration has me very worried because of reading the latest info from recruitment efforts which state that they are excited about how "diverse" the future pool will be...makes me think they will dump this list asap to get a more ''diverse'' pool.

Forum Member

Yeah James mine still says "passed over"...and I check it a lot...and every time I do its a punch to the gut!

yjbrody, I was pretty excited too...sounds like big growth is fueling more hires...but the June expiration has me very worried because of reading the latest info from recruitment efforts which state that they are excited about how "diverse" the future pool will be...makes me think they will dump this list asap to get a more ''diverse'' pool.
    Colo I feel the same way everytime i check my status as well. Hopefully we will hear something about this next academy in the next week or two!!

Forum Member

Yeah, I hear you. Thanks for the info. Nothing good comes from moving it up for those of us still on the bubble.

I'm all for recruitment efforts and outreach, but when it comes down to it it's about who has the drive to show up at 4am just for a chance at a walkin spot. We'll just have to see how it plays out. I'm still hoping for a shot in the spring, but will be ready to test in Jan/Feb too.

Forum Member

Anyone on here gone through the medical exam? My buddy is now all amped up and wants
    to try to get on with Denver next go around but he has a concern about having mild asthma?
    He asked me but I wasn't sure how that works for Denver FD.

Forum Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but is DFD going to test soon? For some reason I was under the assumption that all of the fire departments in the Denver area went off of the DRCOG for their testing. That could be completely wrong but I live in souther Utah and am kind of out of the loop. I would be very interested in testing there though if anyone could shed some light.
    Hollycreek likes this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything after being certified to the Manager?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycreek View Post
    Anybody hear anything after being certified to the Manager?
    No I have not. But hopefully we will hear something by the end of this week or next week. When the email was first sent I spoke with Mr. Wilson and he said the Manager of Safety should be making a decision in 2 to 3 weeks.

Hollycreek does your status still say passed over by the manager of safety?

Forum Member

My status hasn't changed either.
    Last edited by Hollycreek; 10-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycreek View Post
    My status hasn't changed either.
    Thanks for the reply. As soon as I hear anything I will make sure to post what I know.

Forum Member

Question Question about November 2013 Application period

I have a question in response to the new application period in November 2013:

Do I need to make sure I am on my computer first thing in the morning in order to make sure I get a spot or will there be enough spots for everyone to sign up??

I seem to remember a few years ago I tried to sign up to test and all of the spots were taken within a few minutes of the application period opening.

Thanks,

Matt

Forum Member

If you want a test spot be at your computer at 0900 and use your refresh button. The "Tickets to the best concert in the world" sell out very quick as in like 10 minutes. Then your best best is trying for a walk on spot which is a crap shoot at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by mts4602 View Post
    I have a question in response to the new application period in November 2013:

Do I need to make sure I am on my computer first thing in the morning in order to make sure I get a spot or will there be enough spots for everyone to sign up??

I seem to remember a few years ago I tried to sign up to test and all of the spots were taken within a few minutes of the application period opening.

Thanks,

Matt

Forum Member

Has anybody heard anything or got any emails yet about conditional offers?

Forum Member

I haven't.

Forum Member

Not a word. Only 33 calendar days left till Nov 18th! What are they waiting for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabbens View Post
    Not a word. Only 33 calendar days left till Nov 18th! What are they waiting for?
    I am not sure what the hold up is but if selected the process is going to have to go pretty fast. My guess is the people who are selected probably will not have enough time to give a full 2 weeks notice to their current employer. Only time will tell though. All I know is I hope I move forward this time around!!

Forum Member

You're right, the process is gonna have to fly, but good luck to those waiting to go this time around. Keep us posted how things progress for you.

I guess good news for us still waiting is that if you guys are in an academy by then, there's a few less people to fight for testing slots on Nov. 18th for next round.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireCO View Post
    If you want a test spot be at your computer at 0900 and use your refresh button. The "Tickets to the best concert in the world" sell out very quick as in like 10 minutes. Then your best best is trying for a walk on spot which is a crap shoot at best.
    FireCO, would you mind being more specific? Can I fill the application in advance and just hit submit at 9:00 am?

Is the application through Government Jobs Portal operated by Denver HR?

Any information is helpful. Many thanks!

Forum Member

When the applications open at 0900, you will input simple contact information. You are only reserving a testing slot. Have your calendar handy since you will be choosing the date that you want to take your test. At 0858 start using the refresh button until they open the link for testing slots. Nothing can be done in advance, the Denver civil service commission handles all hiring for Denver fire.

Forum Member

That is really helpful. I figured they would want a complete application. Good to know its just to reserve a test spot. Greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

Decisions are made per civil service. Give a call...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabbens View Post
    Decisions are made per civil service. Give a call...
    Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. When and how did you hear that they had made a decision?

Forum Member

I was not selected again and to make matters worse since it was the second time my name is getting completely removed from the list. I guess it is back to square one. Good luck to all who are still in the process.

Thread Information