Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Sorry James, I know that's not a good feeling. Did you call Jeff Wilson to get your status?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycreek View Post
    Sorry James, I know that's not a good feeling. Did you call Jeff Wilson to get your status?
    I had emailed him yesterday and he responded to the email first thing this morning. It is definitely a bummer but I will keep on trying.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything else? Have they made conditionals yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    I was not selected again and to make matters worse since it was the second time my name is getting completely removed from the list. I guess it is back to square one. Good luck to all who are still in the process.
    Sorry James. It sucks after getting so close and going through all that testing, but I know you'll keep at it.

Take care bro.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Sorry James. It sucks after getting so close and going through all that testing, but I know you'll keep at it.

Take care bro.
    Thanks Yjbrody. Good luck. I am sure there will be a whole new thread for the next test so for those who have to test again i am sure i will see you there.

Forum Member

So if you name is passed over twice you are out? What happens if they do academies next year??

I feel for you... everything happens for a reason, never ever give up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    Thanks Yjbrody. Good luck. I am sure there will be a whole new thread for the next test so for those who have to test again i am sure i will see you there.
    Thanks. Maybe we'll cross paths testing this next time around. I'll be putting my name in the hat on Nov 18th along with you.

Take care

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    So if you name is passed over twice you are out? What happens if they do academies next year??
    I've heard this from other sources too, but I'm not really sure what the reasoning behind it is though. As I understand it they are removed from the list after their 2nd time through and then everyone else after them gets bumped up. They always test for way more than they need, so there will be people that have gone through all the testing and are just waiting to be certified to the manager of safety for another academy if there is one.

Forum Member

Can anyone recommend a civil service exam study guide? Other than Capt. Bob - no offense. I already have all that stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aloysiusjones View Post
    Can anyone recommend a civil service exam study guide? Other than Capt. Bob - no offense. I already have all that stuff.
    I've used Barron's and Norman Hall in the past. You won't see everything they have in there on the DFD exam, but it's some good practice for the main stuff. Norman Hall seems to be more in line with DFD's exam if I had to pick one. Barron's in my opinion is more what you'd see on an east coast type of test, but would still be helpful for the main areas of focus.

Edit: Meh, I take that back. I've used both for different areas after looking back through their table of contents. Each has something to offer even if it's just more practice tests. Norman Hall has double the reviews and a better score though on amazon.

Good luck!
    Last edited by yjbrody; 10-22-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Changed my mind

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Edit: Meh, I take that back. I've used both for different areas after looking back through their table of contents. Each has something to offer even if it's just more practice tests. Norman Hall has double the reviews and a better score though on amazon.

Good luck!
    Much appreciated! Thanks, and good luck to you as well.

Forum Member

Are they planning on doing a class with Aurora FD? I know Aurora is starting an academy at the end of January with 10(+) non lateral plus laterals. I know in the past they have done joint academies.

Forum Member

Can anyone give an overview of the process for Denver? Currently active duty Navy in Pearl Harbor but getting out in December. I know the application opens Nov 18. When will the test be? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tattedfire86 View Post
    Can anyone give an overview of the process for Denver? Currently active duty Navy in Pearl Harbor but getting out in December. I know the application opens Nov 18. When will the test be? Thanks.
    Jan and Feb

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armyfire245 View Post
    Are they planning on doing a class with Aurora FD? I know Aurora is starting an academy at the end of January with 10(+) non lateral plus laterals. I know in the past they have done joint academies.
    The Nov. 18th class would probably be done by then and I don't know if the anticipated Spring '14 DFD academy would be in place right on the tails of the Nov class. Doesn't seem likely, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Why do you ask?

Forum Member

In the initial application that oprns at 9am what is to be includes. I understand we will be picking a written test dat, curious if we have to upload any documents for proof of citizenship and birth?

Forum Member

Got in on 1/29 Good Luck to all. Any idea if the written is like the CPAT written Fireteam test?
    Man it filled quick, a buddy and I were trying to go on same day so I picked it and forgot to put in social # with 48 spots left on that day, well I turned around and picked it but it was already full.

Thread Information