Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 667
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

  1. #41
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    hey guys - just had a quick questions i was hoping somebody could help me out with.

    just booked my flight to come up and test and trying to decide on a hotel in the area. From what I've read on here, parking will be an issue and i would prefer not to get a rental towed away so I'm looking for something close to the testing center and fairly cheap. any other out of state testers find any decent rates in the area? any insight is appreciated and thanks for your time.


  2. #42
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguy85 View Post
    hey guys - just had a quick questions i was hoping somebody could help me out with.

    just booked my flight to come up and test and trying to decide on a hotel in the area. From what I've read on here, parking will be an issue and i would prefer not to get a rental towed away so I'm looking for something close to the testing center and fairly cheap. any other out of state testers find any decent rates in the area? any insight is appreciated and thanks for your time.
    There are several pay per day/hour lots in the immediate area. Do some recon when you get in before test day if possible, find a close lot then a backup. Shouldn't be a problem, there are that many lots.

  3. #43
    Forum Member Tipys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguy85 View Post
    hey guys - just had a quick questions i was hoping somebody could help me out with.

    just booked my flight to come up and test and trying to decide on a hotel in the area. From what I've read on here, parking will be an issue and i would prefer not to get a rental towed away so I'm looking for something close to the testing center and fairly cheap. any other out of state testers find any decent rates in the area? any insight is appreciated and thanks for your time.
    Idk the nightly rates but there is a hotel right across the street from the test site. I considered staying in it last year after missing my first walk-in day.
    RIP Hela

    "You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234


    "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

  4. #44
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguy85 View Post
    hey guys - just had a quick questions i was hoping somebody could help me out with.

    just booked my flight to come up and test and trying to decide on a hotel in the area. From what I've read on here, parking will be an issue and i would prefer not to get a rental towed away so I'm looking for something close to the testing center and fairly cheap. any other out of state testers find any decent rates in the area? any insight is appreciated and thanks for your time.
    I have had great luck parking in a parking lot across the street from the Civil Service Commission Building. I get there about an hour before my scheduled time and the lot has always been empty before 7:00 AM. It costs $12 or $13 bucks to park there but it is an all day permit. You shouldn't have to be worried about parking when taking the test.

    I usually stay in the La Quinta hotel near downtown--The rates are very reasonable and it is only a 10 minute drive to the CSC building.

    Good luck!

  5. #45
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    How often does Denver test? Only once a year? I live in east Texas and would like to move to colorado and work for DFD in the future.

  6. #46
    Forum Member Tipys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ck1709 View Post
    How often does Denver test? Only once a year? I live in east Texas and would like to move to colorado and work for DFD in the future.
    every 2 years
    RIP Hela

    "You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234


    "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

  7. #47
    Forum Member yjbrody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepedepaco View Post
    I have had great luck parking in a parking lot across the street from the Civil Service Commission Building. I get there about an hour before my scheduled time and the lot has always been empty before 7:00 AM. It costs $12 or $13 bucks to park there but it is an all day permit. You shouldn't have to be worried about parking when taking the test.
    2nd this, but don't know about hotel.

    Good luck.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

  8. #48
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    thanks guys for all the insight...this helps a lot. Not like anybody really cares but I'll probably try out that lot and just hope it works out for me. Best of luck to you all and thanks again for the information.

  9. #49
    MembersZone Subscriber BigBruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Good afternoon. My circumstances have changed (back in the singles club) and I would like to test out of state.

    Is it too late to apply to Denver? I read somewhere that they are accepting applications until January or February, but I am finding conflicting information.

    Thank you, guys and gals!

  10. #50
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    327

    Default

    ...................
    Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-14-2013 at 09:28 AM.

  11. #51
    MembersZone Subscriber BigBruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    Its all walk in now so you have to roll the dice and see if you get a spot at the test.


    -codave
    Sir, thank you for the response. It is definitely a gamble worth playing!

  12. #52
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    23

    Question

    Does anyone know what is going to be on the test or how it will be formatted?
    I will be attempting to walk-in next week, I'll let you know how it goes.

  13. #53
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Does anyone know what is going to be on the test or how it will be formatted?
    I will be attempting to walk-in next week, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Computer based test. If you have taken the DRCOG test, I was told by a member of the last Denver academy that it is very similar.

  14. #54
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Ut
    Posts
    16

    Default

    How was the test?? Any walk-ins make it in?

  15. #55
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Since you're from out of town make sure to get their early. I was a walk in a few times back and got there at 6:30 (I think) and was #7 or 8 in line. Luckily I still got in but from talking to the proctor it sounds like I was really lucky. I think the average is more like 2-3 no shows. I was fully expecting to make the drive to Denver the next day.
    I will have three days out there to get my testing done. I know you suggested not going on Monday. Do you think I would have better chances on Tue, Wed, Thurs, or Wed, Thurs, Fri? Thanks again.

  16. #56
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    23

    Talking

    I walked in on the first day and was able to test. The first guy showed up at 3am! There were a lot of no shows and 16 walk-ins were able to test.

  17. #57
    Forum Member yjbrody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I will have three days out there to get my testing done. I know you suggested not going on Monday. Do you think I would have better chances on Tue, Wed, Thurs, or Wed, Thurs, Fri? Thanks again.
    It's just a crap shoot man. I was simply trying to throw some best guesses if I needed to do the walkin myself (I still think the Mon after superbowl is a good bet). If you have 3 days go as early as you think you need to for the first day and if that doesn't get you in go a little earlier the next. If that doesn't work, then you make damn sure that you are that 3am guy and first in line.

    Miramar had no probs. Crazy that 16 people took the time to be one of the first 1400 to schedule a slot in that 5 min window that it took to fill up and then not show.

    Good luck testing everyone.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

  18. #58
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    It's just a crap shoot man. I was simply trying to throw some best guesses if I needed to do the walkin myself (I still think the Mon after superbowl is a good bet). If you have 3 days go as early as you think you need to for the first day and if that doesn't get you in go a little earlier the next. If that doesn't work, then you make damn sure that you are that 3am guy and first in line.

    Thanks for the advice. You actually bring up a good point. I didn't realize the monday I was going out there was the day after the superbowl. That might be a great day to go. Thanks again

  19. #59
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I went as a walk in today (Monday) and I got in. I arrived at 5:45 and was #5 in line, just to give you guys a gage. Obviously each day is different, but today, about 20 were in line and 11 got in. Also, I was told that there are always 2 walk ins admitted, they always have two open computers. They told me that on average, the first 12 get in.

    I recommend planning on getting there at 5:30 to ensure a spot. They say you have to wait in line outside, so I dressed warm, but they let us wait inside.

  20. #60
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Ut
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Thanks for the info. Extremely helpful! Flying in tomorrow, and hoping to get in to test Wednesday morning. I'm probs gunna show up at 4, if I can get my lazy but out of bed that early...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 02-13-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 11:33 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 01-07-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 10:58 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 01-01-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 11:13 AM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 12-25-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 12-06-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts