+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 First ... 234567815 ... Last
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Got the second walk in spot this morning at about 4:20Am. Test seemed easy but you never know which way is right on some of the questions. Answered a few differently then last time.. hope that I did better than my 93... I think I was like 234 down the line with that score last year. Good luck, everyone.. waiting!

Forum Member

FYI...last year the min passing score was 81.5% "(composed of Practical Skills,Interpersonal Skills, Emotional Outlook and Basic Educational Skills)" and "ranking was established 100% by the composite score combining the Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Outlook components." "Total score is the sum of these components and any Military Veteran Preference points and/or Special Skill points if applicable." This is straight off of last years letter.. who knows what they are looking for this year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myfireangel View Post
    FYI...last year the min passing score was 81.5% "(composed of Practical Skills,Interpersonal Skills, Emotional Outlook and Basic Educational Skills)" and "ranking was established 100% by the composite score combining the Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Outlook components." "Total score is the sum of these components and any Military Veteran Preference points and/or Special Skill points if applicable." This is straight off of last years letter.. who knows what they are looking for this year.
    Same thing this year according to their website. Interpersonal skills and emotional outlook plus vet Pts and language added.

I had an easier time overall this time around, but that doesn't mean anything. But I was telling the mrs the next day that if I had to take it again today I wouldn't have changed any answers so I guess that says something. I came back to one question 3 separate times and was agonizing over which answer to go with. One of those questions that didn't have any great answer, just several so-so answers. Excited to see where I end up.

Good luck everyone.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Just got my email. Ended up with an 89 that puts me 713th. Bummer! Good luck to everyone else who hopefully did A LOT better than me.

Forum Member

Just got my email with a 'final score' of 95 and change. That puts me in position 124 on the list. Looks like I am headed back to Denver in a couple weeks!

Does anyone know what the 'written suitability assessment' consists of?
    Last edited by malder; 03-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Forum Member

At this point how many people still haven't turned in their pref points. Does it even matter once you have gotten asked to come back for the next phase?....how many people do they ask to continue? I hope the ranks are pretty solid as they are. #38 for me with a score of 97.8
    Last edited by Cmox; 03-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Forum Member

Congrats to those that made it. I ended up with a 93.24 final score and I'm 288 on the list. So no return trip for me. Oh well, maybe in 2014 :-)

Forum Member

Just opened up my email... I ranked 110th with a 95.7 (no preference pts). So.. guess I am moving forward this time. How did you guys do? Looks like a lot of paperwork and oral/poly on 3/27 and of course the Cpat..

Forum Member

and maybe we will lose some on the process? I think that you are set tho.. no worries!

Forum Member

So, do the ranks count throughout the process or just to this point? And from here on in it's the impression you make in the interview? I got a 97.09 with vet pref points...56 on the list. Excited! YJ how'd you do?

Forum Member

Default Roomate for the week

Looking to see if anyone else coming from out of town would want to split car rental and a hotel to try and make the trip a little more affordable. Let me know b/c this could help a lot.

Forum Member

Cmox...turn on your PM's

Forum Member

Pm's are on

Forum Member

delete.......
    Last edited by Tipys; 05-23-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malder View Post
    Just got my email with a 'final score' of 95 and change. That puts me in position 124 on the list. Looks like I am headed back to Denver in a couple weeks!

Does anyone know what the 'written suitability assessment' consists of?
    I'm hoping someone knows what this test consists of. Has anyone been through this step in the previous years?

Forum Member

I'm kicking myself because I jacked around with my answers trying to get a few extra pts this time around compared to last times and ended up bumping myself down and out of hiring range. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling now.

Guess I'll be waiting another 2 years. Best of luck to those moving on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorT View Post
    I'm hoping someone knows what this test consists of. Has anyone been through this step in the previous years?
    It's on their website. The non-medical tools used will include CPI, FIRO-B, Incomplete sentence, supplemental application form and background history form.

Forum Member

final score of 95 put me at 122. Trying to debate/figure out if i should continue on. would have to have to figure out how to miss out on school (fire academy) and four days of work. Don't think it will happen, but if anything the experience was worth the initial trip. Good luck to those going on, and better luck to those who didn't do as well as they wanted, keep at it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myfireangel View Post
    Just opened up my email... I ranked 110th with a 95.7 (no preference pts). So.. guess I am moving forward this time. How did you guys do? Looks like a lot of paperwork and oral/poly on 3/27 and of course the Cpat..
    The written test is just on the 3/27, right? I am under the impression we schedule our oral and poly after the written test?

I ended up with a final score of 95.7 and that put me in 95th place... btw

Forum Member

I still have not received my score!! Has anyone else not gotten their score??

Forum Member

I as well got a 95.7 and ranked 91. I'm wondering how they ranked us... it sounds like 2 others got the same score as myself and came in below me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotyro View Post
    The written test is just on the 3/27, right? I am under the impression we schedule our oral and poly after the written test?

I ended up with a final score of 95.7 and that put me in 95th place... btw
    Yeah, last year once they finished up the written you scheduled your appts electronically on the station that you are at. Just picking from a bunch of dates and locations available.

Forum Member

Ties are randomly broken according to their website.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLOReserve View Post
    final score of 95 put me at 122. Trying to debate/figure out if i should continue on. would have to have to figure out how to miss out on school (fire academy) and four days of work. Don't think it will happen, but if anything the experience was worth the initial trip. Good luck to those going on, and better luck to those who didn't do as well as they wanted, keep at it.
    Hey SLO,

If it makes a difference I was talking to a guy on here last year that was heading to their academy and he was 136ish (don't exactly remember the number, but mid 130s). I know there are a lot of variables both on denver's end and sounds like you've got some stuff you would have to miss out on, but just thought I would throw that out there so you had all the info to make your decision.

If not, wanna trade ranks?!

Best of luck with whichever path you take.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    It's on their website. The non-medical tools used will include CPI, FIRO-B, Incomplete sentence, supplemental application form and background history form.
    I've searched through the DFD website a couple times and can't find any information on the written or oral suitability tests. Does anyone have a link or other information? Just want to know what I'm walking into...

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 First ... 234567815 ... Last

Thread Information