+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Denver Fire Dept Hiring ...

Forum Member

Don't kick yourself too hard...I did the same thing and it bumped me up. Sometimes you got to take those risks.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    I'm kicking myself because I jacked around with my answers trying to get a few extra pts this time around compared to last times and ended up bumping myself down and out of hiring range. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling now.

Guess I'll be waiting another 2 years. Best of luck to those moving on.

Forum Member

Based on the sheer numbers.. I bet that you have a higher 95.7.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorT View Post
    I as well got a 95.7 and ranked 91. I'm wondering how they ranked us... it sounds like 2 others got the same score as myself and came in below me.

Forum Member

Has anyone else not received their score? I still have not gotten mine. I think I'll try and contact them tomorrow if I don't get it today. Does anyone have a good contact number/email?

Forum Member

93.something for myself put me @ 300. bummer! MAYBE they'll get down to my rank at some point but not sure how it works up there. Can anybody project if I should ever expect a followup or should i just plan on waiting for 2 years?

Best of luck to all that are moving forward. Guess the good news is that I get to save some money for a real vacation now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malder View Post
    I've searched through the DFD website a couple times and can't find any information on the written or oral suitability tests. Does anyone have a link or other information? Just want to know what I'm walking into...

Thanks.
    Got the above info here. Pg 13. The oral suitability test with the psych is just following up on any irregularities they see from your written tests. I think that's what you are referring to...
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorT View Post
    I as well got a 95.7 and ranked 91. I'm wondering how they ranked us... it sounds like 2 others got the same score as myself and came in below me.
    I'm not sure I understand either. I had a passing score of 95.1, but an emotional outlook score of 94.2, final score of 94.2 for a rank of 225. Not moving on. Why did they take me down 9/10 of a point for my final score, which was probably a good 50-75 spots in the rankings? I don't understand at all?

Forum Member

I also heard that they might still be taking an academy from the last list. My buddy is on the list, the are certified for an academy through July 31st. I guess those guys went through the process with the last class that just graduated, then are on a roster for an academy. Like they took 24 (18 civilians + 6 cadets) from the certified list that graduated in January, and have 24 for a spring/early summer class. Rumor has May-June, for them, November/Dec/Jan for the next one.

Forum Member

Nice job to all and continued good luck through the process. Buddy of mine is on eligibility list from last go around and anticipating academy summer off that list. So that seems to make this eligibility list stretch out to get through the process. Seemed like pretty easy test and not much competition as other cities have had. Final score 98.9 for number 22. Good number but lots to go. Good luck all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myfireangel View Post
    Don't kick yourself too hard...I did the same thing and it bumped me up. Sometimes you got to take those risks.
    Its all part of the game and eventually it can work in your favor and you will be on your way. Keep trying

Forum Member

What number is your buddy on the previous list?

Forum Member

8th. Offer of employment was givin to him about 5 months ago. Waiting on a class per budgets etc. List can expire so its not a given but if all goes well they roll a class through early summer. then expire list and take this testing process through. A lot of speculation as you all can imagine.

Forum Member

So regarding the summer academy, I talked to three guys and a girl from the eligible list. One was 7th, one was 151, one was 184, one 212. They're all what's called "certified" for an academy. Testing is complete (bgs, orals, final interviews, etc), their certification expires on July 31st. As long as they receive word that there will in fact be an academy before July 31st, those certified will receive conditionals, go through the hoopla, then final offer. 151 was telling me he's getting worried because the academy has been postponed twice now, and there is no set date, and if the cert expires, they have to redo everything again. Luckily for them, there are no (or very few) eligible cadets, so it will be a mostly civilian class. (No one knows how many there are certified, but from what 151 heard was around 30-35 for 24 spots...pretty good odds.) So depending if/when these guys get through will probably set the date for the next one.
    Damn, that's a 2 year process!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I'm not sure I understand either. I had a passing score of 95.1, but an emotional outlook score of 94.2, final score of 94.2 for a rank of 225. Not moving on. Why did they take me down 9/10 of a point for my final score, which was probably a good 50-75 spots in the rankings? I don't understand at all?
    just want to bump this up. I'm confused...

Forum Member

How was there so many people with numbers that high when on this forum i think the highest number getting called back for the next round was around 150. Also, in the official notification of hiring, the form from the civil service said there would be a class late 2012 and thereafter...

http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/590...nouncement.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    just want to bump this up. I'm confused...

Gatsby. The 95.1 is your overall score on the entire test. The 94.2 is what you scored on the emotional outlook and Interpersonal skills portions of the test combined. The commission decided to make a pass fail cut off for the overall score set at 81.5%. Your number on the eligibility list is determined only by your emotional outlook and interpersonal skills score.

Forum Member

Gatsby. Turn on your private messages

Forum Member

Should be on. I just enabled them again.

Forum Member

Thanks, Socal... don't count me out just yet though... I'm still in the running

Forum Member

I'm ranked somewhere around 230 something... Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Last edited by 777; 04-18-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Does anyone know what type of questions are going to be on this suitability test?
    It is a personality test.

This phase consists of a battery of non-medical written tests specifically designed to assess behavior and character traits to determine if an individual is suitable for employment as a firefighter. The written suitability tests are not pass/fail however, a Commission designated psychologist utilizes the assessment as one tool in their review to determine if an applicant is rated as “suitable” or “unsuitable” to continue in the screening process.
    Good luck to everyone. I am flying out in a few hours. I'm pretty excited to be moving forward. It really seems like positions and possibilities are starting to pop. I'm starting to get a glimmer of a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by malder; 03-26-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 777; 04-18-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Forum Member

Not looking forward to the polygraph...I can't help but to be nervous...but glad that I made it this far. How is everyone in the process doing?

MembersZone Subscriber

Just out of curiosity, when will their next test be?

Forum Member

I believe they test every two years.. so Nov 13?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information