1. #1
    Forum Member
    ffmedic9926's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22

    Default What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

    Just getting back to the forums and was curious what kind of bikes does everyone like. If I can figure it out I'll add a picture of mine. Feel free to add your bike pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber
    voyager9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Who cares about the bike.. Give me the Warthog behind it!
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    ffmedic9926's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Yeah when I saw a chance to get a photo with that Wart Hog I was all over it. One of the coolest aircraft around.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Valkyrie Tourer, the only way to fly.

    I'll have to hunt up a pic to put online...
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Bushwhacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northern Rockies Region
    Posts
    638

    Default



    Now I miss Warm Weather Again.......Thanks Butt-head
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    100

    Default


  7. #7
    Forum Member
    ffmedic9926's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Deputy
    I always liked the way the Valks looked and really like the interstate can't believe they quit making them. Are you all able to ride again after the since the snow is now gone?

    Bush
    Being out there in the Rockies probably about that time of year to put the bikes to bed. Thats a great pic.

    Zep
    Like that sport bike. What kind is that? Sharp color, our VP rides those and swears they're comfortable lol.

    Thanks for the response with pics and let's keep them comin folks. It will help pass the winter blues.

    WildBill

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic9926 View Post
    Zep
    Like that sport bike. What kind is that? Sharp color, our VP rides those and swears they're comfortable lol.
    It's a 2004 VFR-800. My first bike was a 500 Interceptor and I've been addicted to V-4's ever since. It's a sport touring bike so it's a little bigger and much more comfortable than a regular sport bike. I guess comfort is what you are used to, as it is more comfortable to me than a cruiser where I can't put weight on my legs to get the weight off my rear end.

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Not sure where I have a picture, but a Honda Valkyrie Interstate is what I ride.

    I know I don't have a picture of it in front of a fighter plane.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Bushwhacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northern Rockies Region
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Yup, 40mph wind today and snow. Its Almost time to Bust out the Snowmobiles and Boards though, :-)
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    BKDRAFT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    01' Harley Bobber

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbzep View Post
    A crotch rocket.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic9926 View Post
    Deputy
    I always liked the way the Valks looked and really like the interstate can't believe they quit making them. Are you all able to ride again after the since the snow is now gone?
    Apparently the Honda "powers that be" were all about getting on the V-twin band wagon in the early 2000's -- giving us the VTX bikes -- but there was one proponent of the Valkyrie line at Honda who kept it alive. When he died, the Valkyrie as a legitimate cruiser died with him.

    I'd love to see an updated Valkyrie development built around the chassis and 1800 flat 6 used in the Gold Wing but it doesn't look like it will ever happen. The Valkyrie Rune was a Valk in name only and the EVO concept bike is definitley not headed in that direction. If I ever buy another bike, it'll probably be another Valkyrie -- even though they haven't made them since 2003.

    I probably could ride some more if I dug the bike out from behind the snow pile along the driveway but I wouldn't have time to enjoy it. It'll probably get put away early for this season soon.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    ffmedic9926's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Backdrft
    Love the way the HD Bobbers look. Really like the Cross Bones bobber look.

    Zep
    When I was younger liked the Magnas really sharp and quick with the 4cyl.

    Captoldtimer
    LOL Ask the riders of those and they are sport bikes jsut ask my VP about his lol.

    Deputy
    Never understood it those bikes fly and have a great sound. Ran into a guy down by Deals gap who ran a car tire on the rear of his. That must have rode a little strange.
    I will keep my eyes open for a Valk Interstate at a good price. Love that bike.


    Folks keep the pics coming some aswesome ones so far.

    WildBill

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Apparently the Honda "powers that be" were all about getting on the V-twin band wagon in the early 2000's -- giving us the VTX bikes -- but there was one proponent of the Valkyrie line at Honda who kept it alive. When he died, the Valkyrie as a legitimate cruiser died with him.

    I'd love to see an updated Valkyrie development built around the chassis and 1800 flat 6 used in the Gold Wing but it doesn't look like it will ever happen. The Valkyrie Rune was a Valk in name only and the EVO concept bike is definitley not headed in that direction. If I ever buy another bike, it'll probably be another Valkyrie -- even though they haven't made them since 2003.

    I probably could ride some more if I dug the bike out from behind the snow pile along the driveway but I wouldn't have time to enjoy it. It'll probably get put away early for this season soon.
    Man, an 1800 Valk has always sounded like an awesome idea. I'd love to see one, and would love even more to ride one. Not ready for a Wing quite yet.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    tajm611's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    The bicycle cost more than the duke when I bought it.... boys and their toys...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Nice Streetfighter Tajm!!

    Here are my bikes. 2004 & 2005 Yamaha R1's...

    Name:  Yamaha R1's.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  38.7 KB

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber
    tajm611's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Nice Streetfighter Tajm!!

    Here are my bikes. 2004 & 2005 Yamaha R1's...

    Attachment 21081
    THANKS! Many people hate streetfighters and some half *** it and end up looking like they've laid the bike down too much. I happen to love it, I've never been a big fan of big, heavy, gaudy bikes.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    THANKS! Many people hate streetfighters and some half *** it and end up looking like they've laid the bike down too much. I happen to love it, I've never been a big fan of big, heavy, gaudy bikes.
    I've always loved the streetfighter look. My next bike will probably be a FZ1 or the new Honda CB1000R. I want the streetfighter look, but a little more comfort in my old age LOL.

  20. #20
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    When I rode them it was Harley's. In fact I had a 1956 KHK when I was in the Army.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  21. #21
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    A 650 Nighthawk in HS, a 600 Ninja in the Navy, a 600 Radian after, now a '98 Dyna low Rider. Get recovered from my practice marriage, a new bike is in my future!!
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    Lewiston2FF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    A 650 Nighthawk in HS, a 600 Ninja in the Navy, a 600 Radian after, now a '98 Dyna low Rider. Get recovered from my practice marriage, a new bike is in my future!!
    I believe they call those starter marriages. At least thats what they told me when mine ended.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

  23. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber
    tajm611's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    I've often heard them entitled MulliganMarriages.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

  24. #24
    Forum Member
    Lewiston2FF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    I've often heard them entitled MulliganMarriages.
    I do like the term, but, I always thought of mulligans as gimmes, there was no freebies in my divorce. Whereas a starter house you pay for and sometimes lose your ***** on. That sounds more like a divorce to me.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

  25. #25
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
    I do like the term, but, I always thought of mulligans as gimmes, there was no freebies in my divorce. Whereas a starter house you pay for and sometimes lose your ***** on. That sounds more like a divorce to me.
    Yep, lost the starter house too!! But did save deer camp, so all is good!!
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which rigs should explorers be allowed to ride on?
    By ofdexplorerPV in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 04:26 AM
  2. What Kind of Person Flies the Flag on Their Front Porch?
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
  3. Ride Along
    By Marco09 in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 03:48 PM
  4. Ride tailboard!!
    By FireGorilla in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 01:06 PM
  5. Houston FD and NIOSH
    By OSUfirepro in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 11:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register