MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by j4321 View Post
    Hey...Anyone have an additional or inside info with the Dept? I know they're currently doing background investigations...But I'd be curious to hear from someone that is familiar with the area or Dept about how many are going through the Background vs. How many people they're hiring...I saw that they approved a class of 55...Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
    They posted on their FaceBook page yesterday around 5pm that conditional offers of employment would be going out soon and the CPAT mentorship would be starting in September and actual CPAT would be December. Didn't reference background checks. Just curious, how do you know background checks are currently going on? I haven't heard from any of my references. Granted, I haven't specifically asked them if they'd been called, but assume they would let me know if they had. Thanks for any insight or info! Stay safe.
    Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Forum Member

They would contact you via email if they were doing a background on you...Any firefighters on this forum with the MoCo Dept? I read a thread from a few years back where some were commenting...I'm trying to get some more info on the current process...How long after the backgrounds are done will we hear if we are moving on? If the practice sessions are in September and an applicant passes the CPAT then, does it still have to be taken in December? Any idea where the medical would fall on this timeline? Any additional info is greatly appreciated, I been looking at the website / fb page on the regular, I'm considering calling the dept if anyone thinks they would give out the type of info I'm inquiring about...Thanks a lot!

Forum Member

Hey guys, hoping I can get some people in the process to comment on the thread...

I took the written back in January & progressed to the interview in late February. I scored well enough that I got passed along to the background investigation this summer that I believe recently ended.

My question is that the MoCo Fire Recruiting Facebook page recently said that applicants on the eligibility list would be receiving an email stating they're on the list and that would have the CPAT practice dates & times...

Anyhow, I didn't receive this email and I'm waiting to attempt to contact them to see if it was in error...I'm unsure why I wouldn't be on the eligibility list, there is no reason why I wouldn't pass the background because I recently passed it with a police dept & that included a polygraph...

I can deal with getting turned down to pursue other applicants, but not knowing is the worst. Anyone have any idea if you can make it through the written, interview & background & then they decide just not to pass you through to the final group?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Forum Member

I know from past process's that they will do that. Ive recieved multiple emails from them the last few days, Including an eligibility email saying I can go to the training sessions. I also know that I have not gone through any background process this time around. I would like to know if they are going to take multiple classes from this list or if they are going 1 and done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy17 View Post
    I know from past process's that they will do that. Ive recieved multiple emails from them the last few days, Including an eligibility email saying I can go to the training sessions. I also know that I have not gone through any background process this time around. I would like to know if they are going to take multiple classes from this list or if they are going 1 and done.

You know from past processes that they will do what exactly?

My guess is that this process if only for the recruit class 37 which is going to start in January, it is allocated for in MoCo's fiscal yr budget so I know that it will go through...It is my estimation that conditional offers will only go out to those who they decided to do background investigations on and that temporarily everyone who did the interview is on the eligibility list, but will soon be dropped from the list...

Justsomeguy...I was trying to PM you, but I dont think you have the feature enabled...
    Last edited by j4321; 09-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Forum Member

Hey Bud,
    Sorry about that, im not really a big forum guy. Just sent you a PM.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything lately? Has anyone received a conditional job offer?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getmeouttahere View Post
    Anyone hear anything lately? Has anyone received a conditional job offer?
    Heard offers were going to come out this week...Also, it's supposed to be 100 offers going out...just rumors so far but that's what I've heard guess we will find out soon enough

Forum Member

if thats the case, has anyone recieved a conditional offer yet?

Forum Member

how can they send out job offers before the cpat

Forum Member

Is anyone going to the cpat mentoring sessions, also do you think it would be a waste of time to go if I have not had my background started yet. I have not recieved anything to say that i am out of the process but have not been contacted to move on to any step, wish they would communicate more.

Forum Member

Id go it can not hurt. I'm about to start attending myself

Forum Member

Ok so has anyone really heard anything other than that the CPAT is in December? Or does anyone know what is going on with the background check and how they would give job offers before thats done or like wise before the CPAT is done. It seems like noone has heard or knows whats going on with this hiring process.

Thread Information