Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2011 1199a's.... there here!

MembersZone Subscriber

I am just as surprised as everyone else that only one has popped up but perhaps it is because he was a first time award winner.As I posted in another column, AFG made their mandatory filing into the Federal Register yesterday which they have to do before they can start making awards so things are moving quickly right now it appears. Typically they upload 1199a on Fridays and weekends so we will see what this weekend brings.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

choffd

Have never got used to the AFG folks dangling that teaser out there. Once you hear there is even one 1199's, the rest of your days are spent checking for one of your own. Fridays and weekends belong the computer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Typically they upload 1199a on Fridays and weekends so we will see what this weekend brings.
    That process was typical pre-2010 AFG. Unfortunately/fortunately (depending on how you look at it), 1199a's were posted at random for the 2010 AFG.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by davepa View Post
    That process was typical pre-2010 AFG. Unfortunately/fortunately (depending on how you look at it), 1199a's were posted at random for the 2010 AFG.
    Yep that's right last year they strayed from that but, last year was such an aberration, who knows about this year. I am so far encouraged by their actions I have seen so far this year. Guess we have to wait and see.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Default application

That grant application must be a heck of an application, in theory the first award in the first round! I need to see that one.
    Mark

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    That grant application must be a heck of an application, in theory the first award in the first round! I need to see that one.
    Mark
    Well supposedly the award process is entirely random.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Finally got the laptop back from the warranty center, new motherboard and no reinstallation of any software, just the way I like it.

Nice part about this year is no 10 Q's prior to the award being announced. If someone's not paying attention they'll get the congrats email and see it posted. Pricing and 10 Q's is now part of the immediate post-award process to speed things up. SAFER will be here any day with some changes, FP&S back in January. And the fun rolls into the holidays...now that I'm finally detoxed from Jamaica. If anyone is thinking of going that way I have the place for you to stay, top notch all of the way around.

Forum Member

Finally got the laptop back from the warranty center, new motherboard and no reinstallation of any software, just the way I like it.

Nice part about this year is no 10 Q's prior to the award being announced. If someone's not paying attention they'll get the congrats email and see it posted. Pricing and 10 Q's is now part of the immediate post-award process to speed things up. SAFER will be here any day with some changes, FP&S back in January. And the fun rolls into the holidays...now that I'm finally detoxed from Jamaica. If anyone is thinking of going that way I have the place for you to stay, top notch all of the way around.

Forum Member

Wink

Hey BC79er, Looks like with the double post the detoxing has not completey taken effect yet ??

Have a good one !

Forum Member

What's even better is that it didn't show 2 posts when I did it, nor when I went back and looked at the thread again. Guess someone else was having a good time too.....

Forum Member

Default Reductions or movement

Has there been very many reductions yet to see movement or just the one 1199a?

Forum Member

I can't speak for anyone else but I did find a reduction after peer review took place, but nothing since then.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trev9901 View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else but I did find a reduction after peer review took place, but nothing since then.
    What type of equipment was reduced and what was the post-reduction dollar amount?

Forum Member

Nothing here yet, except some carpal tunnel problems from logging into the system so often.

Forum Member

Our SCBA request has been reduced from 36 to 29. Not sure how they came to that result seeing as we accounted for 36 seated positions. $5500 for SCBA and spare, $500 for mask. That is, if I did my math correct.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbtjr View Post
    Our SCBA request has been reduced from 36 to 29. Not sure how they came to that result seeing as we accounted for 36 seated positions. $5500 for SCBA and spare, $500 for mask. That is, if I did my math correct.
    Thanks

30 or 45 minute cylinders?

Forum Member

ffbjtr, depends on the current inventory since nothing 2002ed and newer is getting replaced. Also depends on what trucks you're counting, only pumpers, rescues, and aerials get packs. Tankers, brush/attack, and other small fleet generally don't qualify unless highly justified.

Also could be a mis-read on their part too, had that before and was corrected.

Forum Member

Also got a call from someone showing an 1199A on an SCBA app, no idea when it showed up. Haven't checked but a handful myself, nearly 500 of them and got a website overhaul and research services to oversee. Never a dull moment...

Forum Member

Thanks

30 or 45 minute cylinders?
    45 minute. Not sure how the 29 came to be as we have 36 now. But hey, if 1199A shows up, not complaining.

MembersZone Subscriber

They will likey not allow individual masks in additon to the ones that come with the packs. so if you got 29 packs and you have 39 members they will count the 29 masks that came with the packs and add another 10 to give you 39 masks. That being said if your old packs have any trade value you could utilize the money you get as a trade in the purchase additional masks outside the grant . Good Luck
    Mark

Forum Member

What type of equipment was reduced and what was the post-reduction dollar amount?
    It was extrication equipment and the amount was reduced to $27,500ish...
    Last edited by trev9901; 11-17-2011 at 10:45 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by trev9901 View Post
    It was extrication equipment and the amount was reduced to $27,500ish...
    $27,500?? You backed off applying for 2 sets, didn't ya?

Forum Member

No, sure didn't, reduced to 1 set through peer I would assume. Found the reduction after peer took place.

Forum Member

How did you know they reduced your amount? Did they send you a email?

Forum Member

Memory possibly, but for those of us with an out of focus memory compare the narrative against the Request Details section and the line item pricing/quantities.

Thread Information