Thread: Who is hiring?

Forum Member

Suggest you look around your state and adjoining states to see who is testing most and test. If your family is able and willing to move

If you read other posts, alot of oversea's guys discourage people trying to do contract, if they have a chance to get a city job

Get your paramedic and come to Texas

http://www.tcfp.texas.gov/job_postings/jobs.asp

Forum Member

Thank you for your service.

However, you said you did not want to waste your time but why should we waste our time helping you? If you have time to be on here you could easily search. So it is not bashing you, merely pointing out the fact that you did not wish to waste your time so I am not going to waste my time helping someone who does not want to try!
    Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frghtrphil View Post
    Guys,

Here is a list of my certs. Let me know if I qual for any positions, so I dont waste my time looking for nothing.
    IFSAC Firefighter 1 & 2
    ProBoard Firefighter 1 & 2
    ProBoard Haz-Mat Operations and Awareness
    PA Firefighter 1 & 2
    PA Basic Vehicle Rescue
    PA Haz-Mat Awareness and Operations
    PA EVOC
    PA CPAP for BLS Certification
    PA EMT-B
    CPR and AED certified
    Incident Command Training (NIMS); I-100, I-200, I-700, I-800 & various other ICS certifications
    Basic Rope Rescue

Also I am a Veteran of OIF 07-08
    You got most of the basic requirements but you GOT to have ARFF. I hate to say it but most State certs do not help you in the contract world. Contracting will only take DOD/IFSAC/ProBoard. But, some contracts will recognize your State EMT. Getting ARFF I believe is only 40 hrs of training, so you really have to think of it as an investment to get into the contract world. Alabama Fire College and some airports offer ARFF training. And you may want to look into getting your Driver/Operator (ARFF, Pumper, Mobile Water Supply), and HazMat Tech certs, since contracting is a little more picky now. Once you get ARFF that will open your options up to anywhere in the contract world.

MembersZone Subscriber

An ITT recruiter told me I had to have PRO-BOARD, IFSAC, OR DOD of the following certs at a minimum to be considered, Fire II, ARFF, Driver/Pump Operator, Mobile water supply, ARFF Driver/Operator, HAZMAT Ops.

I dont remember him mentioning anything about EMS training.

I've started posting open jobs on my website for those looking for overseas jobs. I will update this list every MOnday and list more as I do more research. I am currently in Afghanistan, but I started in Iraq back in 08.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ContractFirefightersdotcom View Post
    I've started posting open jobs on my website for those looking for overseas jobs. I will update this list every MOnday and list more as I do more research. I am currently in Afghanistan, but I started in Iraq back in 08.

Looks good

How about some fire truck pictures on the site

I will be sure to post some pictures of fire apparatus soon. Thanks for checking out the site and for your feedback.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by philfirerescue View Post
    I've heard Raytheon has the Antarctica contract until this march...but they have been getting several extensions, so they may have another such extension after March.
    PAE is who took over the contract from Raytheon. They have several listings for firefighters at all three stations, McMurdo, South Pole and Palmer stations.

As of March 2012 Raytheon Polar Services is no longer doing the hiring for firefighters. Check out http://www.paegroup.com/career-search There are several listings for firefighters at both the South Pole Station and McMurdo.

Required: IFSCA , Pro-Board/DoD, or State Certified Firefighter II; Airport Fire Fighter; Hazardous Materials First Responder: Operations; and EMT-B required. National Incident Management System (NIMS): ICS 100 and 200 are required. Valid state driverís license is required

Three years previous full time firefighting experience is required; two years volunteer experience or paid on-call time equals one year full time experience.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frghtrphil View Post
    Don't have it. It's not offered often in the Philadelphia area.
    If you are looking for the ARFF course I know that the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute offers the course. The course is $825. Here is a link to the site: http://www.mfri.org/cgi-bin/programd...CID=18424&SC=1 I know it is not in the Philadelphia area, but it is not that far to travel for the class.

Thread Information