Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Multi function printer with manual feed tray

We currently use an HP Laserjet 2840 but it keeps dying ($200 drum died this week)and my Chief doesn't want to keep throwing money at it. He asked me to find a 4 in 1 printer that will also print our narratives on our run reports.

I've found some decent inkjet models but none have a manual feed tray. The lasers have a manual feed tray but cost can be high(Over $400). Can anyone recomend an all in one printer that has a manual feed so we can put in our reports and we have a word macro that fills in the area designated for the narrative?

Thanks!

Forum Member

Default Don't by an HP

I have owned at least 4 printers over the last 10 years and have found Canon printers to be the best. I made a big mistake on the last printer I bought, an HP ink jet. It was on sale, salesman talked it up and they didn't have a Canon that fit my needs. The HP uses 2 to 3 times the ink my Canons ever did. I wouldn't take another HP if you gave me one!!!!!

Forum Member

I would suggest you look at the Cannon or Brother product lines.

Here is a good example of what you might find out there.. http://tinyurl.com/6m8zwbv
    This a Brother 4 in 1 Laser EMC-7840W from Staples.

Ill second the Brother all in ones. I have a 7yo 420cn at home, and a new [last year] one at my office at the stn. Never had a problem with them and their ink seems to last a reasonable amount of time.
    If your doing a high volume of printing the laser models are less expensive in the long term.

Boss just bought a Brother AIO for Central. Inkjet and the colors are separate "tanks"so if you're doing primarily black,you'd just have to replace the black cartridge.Wireless and easy to set up. Ink prices were reasonable too. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

You might also look into leasing a photocopier with printing/faxing/scanning abilities too.

Inkjets are really for small scale home use.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
    You might also look into leasing a photocopier with printing/faxing/scanning abilities too.

Inkjets are really for small scale home use.
    I'll get the # of the Brother we got. It's Inkjet but it's for a MODERATE office use.Faxes,scans,copies etc. T.C.

Thread Information