+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vfd
  • 1 Post By AndrewR

Thread: officers

vfd
    Forum Member

Default officers

Do any of you guys have officer in your explorers post like chiefs, captains or officer like that? If so what do you do as an officer? I mean as an explorer are you an officer.
    Last edited by vfd; 11-19-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    roush1424 likes this.

Forum Member

We have a foreman who is the most experienced auxiliary FF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vfd View Post
    Do any of you guys have officer in your explorers post like chiefs, captains or officer like that? If so what do you do as an officer? I mean as an explorer are you an officer.
    I can look and email you if youd like the description of responsibilities of officers from the post that I was on before I moved. If you would like
    roush1424 likes this.

vfd
    Forum Member

That would be great Andrewr if you could! Thanks guys for your reply guys.

Forum Member Explorer Asst Chief Fern's Avatar

My post had upwards of 20 members and we had 2 lieutenants, an Assistant Chief, and a Chief. The remaining explorers who didn't hold officer positions were broken into two companies based on experience (we wanted it to be relatively equal). The two lieutenants were in charge of each of their companies, and made sure trainings went smoothly, with everyone participating and paying attention. They also took attendance every training and figured out where explorers were if they didn't show up. They also made sure explorers showed up for fundraisers/etc.

I was the Assistant Chief and I planned and put together trainings for the explorers, or assigned trainings for other explorers to teach, which I would oversee. I would also, in light of the "chain of command" relay comments/questions/messages between the companies and the explorer chief. Along with that, I would have a major part in public relations (along with explorer chief) including contacting local media of our events, and progress in our trainings, and I ran the explorer post Facebook page.

The explorer Chief was the one who would directly report to our explorer advisors and Department Chief about any news/problems/progress within the post. He was also the one that would head the explorer meetings and hold individual conferences with explorers to talk about things that they should improve and things they are doing good with.

This setup worked GREAT for our explorer post and made everything run smoothly!
    Explorer Assistant Chief Alisha Fern

Leadership: The ability to guide, direct, and influence others.

Leadership can be thought of as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and expands a vision of the future.

alisha.fern@firehousemail.com

No officers, just the senior man who has the same duty as the senior man in any department. Responsible for showing the new juniors the ropes and the way things work.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Forum Member

we have cadets then 4 LT who are resposible for 3 cadets then 2 captins with 2 LT and a astent chief and a chief and it works great we have a good camande sturcture

Quote Originally Posted by kenyon View Post
    we have cadets then 4 LT who are resposible for 3 cadets then 2 captins with 2 LT and a astent chief and a chief and it works great we have a good camande sturcture
    In English please....?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

At my Dept. we have 1 captin and 2 lutients but then we have a saftey officer and training officers as well as a secartary

Quote Originally Posted by Trevh View Post
    At my Dept. we have 1 captin and 2 lutients but then we have a saftey officer and training officers as well as a secartary
    Do you have an english teacher? (Because that is what appears to be needed....)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information