Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Chief Lepore,

First,

I would like to say I have your book and have held it by my side for the year I have been testing and interviewing. It has helped me place in the top 5 on several eligibility lists in my home state. I am pretty disappointed in how I answered the question and should have been more prepared to "think on my feet". I'm learning more and more about these common life scenarios and having more opportunities to do this at my volunteer department. I appreciate the insight Chief. FFBAM usually has great posts and seems to get negative responses due to his matter of fact posts that are usually right.

Forum Member

i would transmit a mayday secure the victem and wait for rit but it all depends on the situation we are in and how bad my partner is.

MembersZone Subscriber

For the record, in the "Real world of firefighting" you had better bring out your partner. You went in together and you will come out together. There are no two ways about it. It is NEVER acceptable to leave a fellow firefighter.

For those of you who state you will drag both victims out, this shows your lack of training and knowledge. Anyone who has done a RIC drill knows that it's virtually impossible to drag a lifeless body out of a bulding. It's even tougher to drag out a firefighter who is wearing turnouts and an SCBA.

Yes, of course you would transmit a mayday etc.......

The simple reality is that with the time/temperature curve, the firefighter has a much better chance of survival. The victim has been down for at least 10 minutes (you know this because of your response time plus the time it took you and your partner to pull a hoseline into the structure and encounter the victim).
    Again, the question was developed many years ago to try to determine a candidate's thought process.

Next question!
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Quote Originally Posted by BCLepore View Post
    For the record, in the "Real world of firefighting" you had better bring out your partner. You went in together and you will come out together. There are no two ways about it. It is NEVER acceptable to leave a fellow firefighter.
    This.

Keep in mind, there are line Firefighters on just about every oral board panel. They look at candidates as someone they may have to work with in the future. They might not like hearing that you (might) leave them inside someday.

Take your partner, every time, all the time.

Thread Information