Thread: Tankers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Wait...I thought YOU were the boss? Tell him it's nothing but an overgrown cop car without a proper firetruck si-reen.
    YOU tell him. I LIKE my job! Trust me,you WILL hear it coming after I make the modifications. AND it will sound like a Q.If he had his way it wouldn't have any lights on it outside of work lights.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    YOU tell him. I LIKE my job! Trust me,you WILL hear it coming after I make the modifications. AND it will sound like a Q.If he had his way it wouldn't have any lights on it outside of work lights.
    Train horns?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Train horns?
    Nah,has a pair of nice Buells already. When I get done with the W295HSLA1 the non discerning ear will have a hard time figuring out it isn't a Q. Done two others already,the crew can't tell the difference I doubt John Q can.

Forum Member

Nah,has a pair of nice Buells already. When I get done with the W295HSLA1 the non discerning ear will have a hard time figuring out it isn't a Q. Done two others already,the crew can't tell the difference I doubt John Q can.
    Oh dont tell me it has one of those gawd-awful "sounds like a cat masturbating" EQ's????

Forum Member

Oh dont tell me it has one of those gawd-awful "sounds like a cat masturbating" EQ's????
    And how would YOU know about the cat? If you had better reading comprehension we have a WHELEN not a Federal ,but when properly set up they make respectable noise.I have one in my buggy,and have fooled more than one Firefighter on what is coming in.

Forum Member

And how would YOU know about the cat? If you had better reading comprehension we have a WHELEN not a Federal ,but when properly set up they make respectable noise.I have one in my buggy,and have fooled more than one Firefighter on what is coming in.
    I have some cats, they are all from Maine.

Forum Member

Is it just me or, is this thread starting to look like vollies arguing over the best lighting for their POV?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Just pokin' some fun.)

Forum Member

Alright T.C.
    I know it's current standard but your *** is ugly! Noticed that you have a floating strainer on each side of the tank. Do you have better water supply than the rest of us? Bunch of bridges where you can draft off of both sides?
    I've been lurking but just not logging in due to time restraints or being on the job.
    Looks like E-One is still mounting the dump tank on top of the rail. Is that so? Talked with our local rep about that because dropping it 6" would make a big difference getting it off of the apparatus. Also spoke with them about putting the hard suction in sleeves or tubes. The hard suction is great but hard to handle. Think that would make it easier.
    More importantly, how is it working for you guys?
    Let me know when you get a chance,
    Walt
    Train like you want to fight.
    www.kvfd.net

Forum Member

Ain't MY *** you're looking at. YES,I can load from TWO sides at once but that IS NOT why there are two floaters. One is for the Portable pump(4") and one set is for the Vac(6"). Our dump tank comes down to a nice height as is.We're still adding a few fittings and tweaking some policy but the rig is working well for us. Next year I'm buying a Firovac Strainer for it to optimize performance.Still waiting to put the second folding tank bracket on it,I'll post a final pic once everything is done.

Forum Member

What does it have for power? how big is the tank?

Forum Member

International MaxForce 13L 430 Hp Allison 4000 3500 gal tank

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by reaganfleming1 View Post
    A water tank is a container which is used to hold water. Water tanks are used in a wide variety of settings and for an assortment of purposes all over the world.
    Brilliant!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by reaganfleming1 View Post
    A water tank is a container which is used to hold water. Water tanks are used in a wide variety of settings and for an assortment of purposes all over the world.
    So what you are saying is that if I want to hold water in a container, that a water tank would be a good choice?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuntPA View Post
    So what you are saying is that if I want to hold water in a container, that a water tank would be a good choice?
    and if you want to pour p1ss out,----- a boot with the instructions on the heel is a good choice.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    and if you want to pour p1ss out,----- a boot with the instructions on the heel is a good choice.
    Unlike the Union officers at Gettysburg, who weren't fit to pour **** out of a boot with instructions on the heel, according to the 20th Maine Regiment!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Unlike the Union officers at Gettysburg, who weren't fit to pour **** out of a boot with instructions on the heel, according to the 20th Maine Regiment!

MembersZone Subscriber

sven73, Do you know anything about Capt. Henry Krausneck of the 74th Pa. Vol. Inf. ? Courts Marshal / resignation at Folley Island in February of 1864. Accused of dereliction of duty by superior officer. Looking for information on noncoms from Co.D & why they were busted down 1 rank after Gettysburg.

Forum Member

kuh shise-I don't know anything about the Capt. himself. Let me ask a few friends about it and I will PM you.

Thread Information