+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter42 View Post
    Everyone who passes the written test moves on to the CPAT. If your buddy had passed the written test he could have signed up to take the CPAT.

No everyone who passes the CPAT moves onto the polygraph/background interview.

Not sure how many people are left in the process.
    Thanks for the reply! Seems like a lot of people to put through polygraph/background investigations!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire34fighter View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Seems like a lot of people to put through polygraph/background investigations!!
    Not necessarily. I think you are referring to kyhunter's previous post where he stated "no everyone who passes the CPAT moves onto the polygraph/background interview." I think he intended to say "not everyone who passes the CPAT moves on..." kyhunter, please correct me if i'm wrong.

The fact is that those who pass the CPAT are simply eligible to move on in the process, but they are not guaranteed to move on. CFD can select whoever they want for polygraphs/background checks. Thus, some who passed the CPAT will continue in the process and others who passed will not move on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maverick80 View Post
    Not necessarily. I think you are referring to kyhunter's previous post where he stated "no everyone who passes the CPAT moves onto the polygraph/background interview." I think he intended to say "not everyone who passes the CPAT moves on..." kyhunter, please correct me if i'm wrong.

The fact is that those who pass the CPAT are simply eligible to move on in the process, but they are not guaranteed to move on. CFD can select whoever they want for polygraphs/background checks. Thus, some who passed the CPAT will continue in the process and others who passed will not move on.
    Yeah you're right that's most likely what he meant, and that makes a lot more sense. Anybody hear anything after sending their packet in?

Forum Member

Yeah you're right that's most likely what he meant, and that makes a lot more sense. Anybody hear anything after sending their packet in?
    Thats exactly right. Not everyone moves on. Only a select few.

Forum Member

It appears that CFD is moving a little slower this year than in past years. Forum posts from the 2011 and 2010 hiring process suggest that CFD began conducting some background interviews prior to the final CPAT run. Perhaps they will this time too, but so far there doesn't seem to be any activity right now.

We just have to sit tight and keep our fingers crossed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen25 View Post
    It appears that CFD is moving a little slower this year than in past years. Forum posts from the 2011 and 2010 hiring process suggest that CFD began conducting some background interviews prior to the final CPAT run. Perhaps they will this time too, but so far there doesn't seem to be any activity right now.

We just have to sit tight and keep our fingers crossed.
    Yep, they are moving very slowly. I have heard from a reliable source that an academy will not be started until after the DNC in September.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 8benwsha View Post
    Yep, they are moving very slowly. I have heard from a reliable source that an academy will not be started until after the DNC in September.
    DNC? What does that stand for?

Forum Member

DNC? What does that stand for?
    Democratic National Convention.

Forum Member

It will move right along after the last CPAT in June, get all your documents straight away and stay out of trouble and sit tight. Good luck.

Forum Member

Did anyone participate in today's final CPAT run? How was the turnout and overall testing? Any more info on the recruitment process and timeline?

Forum Member

Surely someone out there has some info on how things went this week....

Forum Member

thought we'd hear something by now..

Forum Member

Yeah... have they begun contacting people for interviews yet? Or have we not heard anything because we've been 'left behind'?

Forum Member

I guess this the the waiting part the refer to. Every time I get an email on my phone I am wondering if it may be the "one". Good luck everyone.

Forum Member

I did not hear anything as well, who knows... I did not even get an e mail telling me that they received my packet. I know they did because I had them sign for it at the building.

Forum Member

The pre-poly packet said that they would email you if they did not have your packet by June 1. I scanned and emailed mine per the option in the packet prior to the May 11 deadline following the first round of CPATs. I didn't hear anything to the contrary, so my assumption is they received it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack94 View Post
    I guess this the the waiting part the refer to. Every time I get an email on my phone I am wondering if it may be the "one". Good luck everyone.
    They will always contact you via phone for background interviews. Rumor is they are starting to call guys this week for backgrounds next week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingTut99 View Post
    They will always contact you via phone for background interviews. Rumor is they are starting to call guys this week for backgrounds next week.
    Do you know of anyone who's already been contacted by CFD? Or did you just hear from a source that CFD will be calling candidates this week?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes they have started contacting people (by phone) for background interviews. I received a call today for an interview next friday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sach1912 View Post
    Yes they have started contacting people (by phone) for background interviews. I received a call today for an interview next friday.
    Congrats on moving to the next phase. Any idea whether CFD plans to continue contacting candidates for backgrounds? Should those who haven't yet heard something assume that they didn't make the cut?

Forum Member

Congrats on moving to the next phase. Any idea whether CFD plans to continue contacting candidates for backgrounds? Should those who haven't yet heard something assume that they didn't make the cut?
    Hard to say. It all depends on how many guys they plan on bringing in for the background and when they are interviewing. They don't usually give much of a lead time so receiving a call the week prior is pretty standard. I confirmed with my buddy and his appointment scheduled for mid week next week. I think they usually bring in 4 guys a day or at least they used too. Sounds like they are going through a list as he received the call yesterday so if the interviews go into the following week there is a good chance phone calls may still be made into the earlier part of next week. Tough to say without an inside source telling how many guys will be interviewed. I'm sure if some candidates are not able to be reached they will move to the next guy.

Forum Member

Just be patient. There is a lot of time left to get your background done. Typically there isn't a rhyme or reason as to who moves on in the process. In the past they have scheduled guys in waves for the background interviews. Don't read too much into when you get your background and pannel interview. I know a guy that was always contacted at the front of the list and he was one of the first to get a conditional job offer, but he was one of the last guys to get a start date. Just be patient and don't do anything stupid. Hopefully it works out for you.

Forum Member

Congrats to those that have been contacted already…to those who have not; don’t read into the process be patient and keep your nose clean like Kyhunter42 says. Word is going around that there will be enough room so be patient.

Forum Member

Anyone know how many recruit classes they will be putting through this year?

Forum Member

Any new developments from CFD recruitment?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

Thread Information