Forum Member

Default Kurt Bradley returns to the Finger Lakes / Western NY in 2012

The Victor Volunteer Fire Department will be hosting a two day grant writing seminar taught by Kurt "The iceman" Bradley on January 28th and 29th, 2012.

The Victor Fire Department is located about 15 miles south of the City of Rochester, just off the NYS Thruway and Interstate 490. There are several hotels located near the training location such as Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, Microtel, Best Western and Homewood Suites. To register or for addtional information got to the website at www.firstrespondergrants.com.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why, Why, Why in January? I so could have used this trip in June, July or August. Camping at Sampson, Wagner Winery.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by utfd701 View Post
    Why, Why, Why in January? I so could have used this trip in June, July or August. Camping at Sampson, Wagner Winery.....
    Hey, I don;t set the schedule of when AFG opens and unfortunately everyone seems to want them just prior to AFG opening every year. I would have loved to go there in summer but, what can you do... snowmobiling anyone?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

The wineries will still be open along with some great ski resorts and best of all, you can come to see Kurt sing at the local pub.

Forum Member

I wanted to let everyone know that we ďgot the callĒ today from the offices of Senators Schumer and Gillbrand regarding our 2011 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program Regional Communications grant that we applied for this year. The good news is that on this Friday we will be announced as winning the full amount we asked for, $343,962 in federal funding towards our total radio project cost of $382,180.

The reason I am telling you this is because one of the main reasons we won this award was the assistance and guidance we received from Kurt Bradley at First Responder Grants who we have been using for a number of years now for our grants in Victor. Since I first attended Kurtís grant training class in 2008 and started using his assistance, the Victor Fire Department has won AFG, SAFER, Fire Prevention and Safety and New York State Grants for a total of over $556,800 in awards.

Victor FD was lucky and at the last minute, Kurt managed to squeeze us into his 2012 Grant Writing Class schedule this year on Jan 27-28 and we still have several open spots for people wanting to attend this class.

This is the only time before the 2012 AFG opens that Kurt will be in New York State so donít miss this chance. The cost of the 2-day class is just $350 and according to our experience with him, that was a very small price to pay to gain over half a million dollars in funding awards during the last 4 years. It is being held on a weekend so as not to interfere with your normal jobs and lunch / refreshments will be provided by the fire department each day.

Please register on his website at : http://firstrespondergrants.com/frg_..._view/class/43 Letís not let the opportunity get away from us to get him here and helping everyone in the area; REGISTER TODAY.

Joe Murphy
    Asst. Chief
    Victor Fire Department

MembersZone Subscriber

Joe pray the snow gods continue to hold off till next week.

Headed out to Victor FD near Rochester NY on Friday for the class this coming Sat and Sunday ( Jan 28-29. Seats still availabe if you want to attend but have to know you will be there by Wednesday so get registered so you can recieve handouts and have a certificate available for you. Information here:

http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/43
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Good afternoon,

I want to say to everyone how much I encourage grant writers to attend Kurt's class. I went two different years at classes held at the Busnell's Basin FD. I've hit several grants including almost $50,000 this year for pagers, portable radios and mobile radios and assisted with several more. I've taught classes on grant writing for the state and I absolutly consider Kurt as a tremendous resource.

Joe, If my ice rescue class in Wayne county gets cancelled this upcoming weekend you can expect a call from me to try to get into the class lol

Glen Miller
    Retired Yates County Fire Coordinator.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firecoord View Post
    Good afternoon,

I want to say to everyone how much I encourage grant writers to attend Kurt's class. I went two different years at classes held at the Busnell's Basin FD. I've hit several grants including almost $50,000 this year for pagers, portable radios and mobile radios and assisted with several more. I've taught classes on grant writing for the state and I absolutly consider Kurt as a tremendous resource.

Joe, If my ice rescue class in Wayne county gets cancelled this upcoming weekend you can expect a call from me to try to get into the class lol

Glen Miller
    Retired Yates County Fire Coordinator.
    Hey Glenn been awhile since we have talked; still a few seats there so I don't think it will be any problem. Look forward to seeing you there so come on over. Thanks!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Joe pray the snow gods continue to hold off till next week.

Headed out to Victor FD near Rochester NY on Friday for the class this coming Sat and Sunday ( Jan 28-29. Seats still availabe if you want to attend but have to know you will be there by Wednesday so get registered so you can recieve handouts and have a certificate available for you. Information here:

http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/43
    Must be that mother nature does not know that you are headed to New York this week. It is currently 50 degrees outside and the predicted highs for the next 6 days are near 40 with no snow. I think your curse is broken.

There are still a few open seats left, sign up today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jmurphy139 View Post
    Must be that mother nature does not know that you are headed to New York this week. It is currently 50 degrees outside and the predicted highs for the next 6 days are near 40 with no snow. I think your curse is broken.

There are still a few open seats left, sign up today.
    Whew, I won't pack the snowshoes then!LOL
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Hey guys,

The Ice Rescue class got cancelled this morning so I'm coming to Victor. If you're from the Finger Lakes area and you want to write a better Federal Grant it's a great way to spend the weekend. Well worth the time and money.

Glen Miller

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by yatesfire-retired View Post
    Hey guys,

The Ice Rescue class got cancelled this morning so I'm coming to Victor. If you're from the Finger Lakes area and you want to write a better Federal Grant it's a great way to spend the weekend. Well worth the time and money.

Glen Miller
    No snow and still got stranded in Philly since noon! Loading on plane now hope runway is not frozen when Iarrive. Cya in morning Glen.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information