Forum Member

Default Help with finding Christmas present?

Ok guys (and gals!!!).....on a not-quite-yet desperate search for 'the toy' for a Christmas present.....but getting desperate....

On your travels, can you PLEASE keep an eye out for the Leap Pad - LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet - they are sold out for about 300 miles around me.....

I'm actually looking for 3 of them - one for my daughter and 2 co-workers are looking too....

I can mail a check, send cash via PayPal....or even send my husband in exchange!!! (They retail for $99-)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post

I can mail a check, send cash via PayPal....or even send my husband in exchange!!! (They retail for $99-)
    Is that what husbands are going for these days?

Sorry, Lady, they're sold out up here too.

Forum Member

Ok guys (and gals!!!).....on a not-quite-yet desperate search for 'the toy' for a Christmas present.....but getting desperate....

On your travels, can you PLEASE keep an eye out for the Leap Pad - LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet - they are sold out for about 300 miles around me.....

I'm actually looking for 3 of them - one for my daughter and 2 co-workers are looking too....

I Googled the tablet and I didn't see any that was available from all the normal sources.

Cat, husbands are good for more than that!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Thanks CoT.....stricking out all over the place - they are on back order in Colorado too!

Forum Member

Thanks CoT.....stricking out all over the place - they are on back order in Colorado too!
    No leap pads here, but I have something better. A FIRE TRUCK, specifically a 1972 PIERCE 85 ft SNORKEL. Now really, which one would bring more joy to a child? This truck is fully operational,was just recently taken out of service and all its certifications are still current so it is perfectly safe to operate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    No leap pads here, but I have something better. A FIRE TRUCK, specifically a 1972 PIERCE 85 ft SNORKEL. Now really, which one would bring more joy to a child? This truck is fully operational,was just recently taken out of service and all its certifications are still current so it is perfectly safe to operate.
    If I can get it for $99- I'll take it! ...might even come pick it up too.....

Oh wait - my daughter can't drive a stick shift.....or reach the pedals.....

Forum Member

If I can get it for $99- I'll take it! ...might even come pick it up too.....

Oh wait - my daughter can't drive a stick shift.....or reach the pedals.....
    Truck will need a crew, so the other parents will want to get in on this. Spread the cost out.

Also, it has a hand throttle and a automatic so no issues for operators which are vertically challenged. Honestly, Pete has driven this truck ( he is the dept leprechaun) so it will be OK.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    I Googled the tablet and I didn't see any that was available from all the normal sources.

Cat, husbands are good for more than that!
    Yep yep yep! This One is going to be sitting in on a "Snowblower Operator Course" later this morning. Apparently Base Mobile Support Equipment Section thinks that any unit which holds a snowblower must have persons properly trained in its use. So I will be one of several unit reps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Yep yep yep! This One is going to be sitting in on a "Snowblower Operator Course" later this morning. Apparently Base Mobile Support Equipment Section thinks that any unit which holds a snowblower must have persons properly trained in its use. So I will be one of several unit reps.
    Yup, yup, what you learn there, can be used at home!!

Forum Member

Yeah, right. *snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Yup, yup, what you learn there, can be used at home!!

Honestly tho, he's a wiz with the snow scoop! He also does a mean brake job and makes a wonderful cajun blackened red snapper!
    Last edited by firecat1; 11-30-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    The implications of this are beyond belief. Really just think about this, Malahat "teaching" crews of bright faced young kids in the "proper" use of a snow blower. I think as this knowledge spreads Canada will become a third world country who's economy will be IF YOU CAN WADE THROUGH THE SNOW AND CATCH IT YOU CAN EAT IT ECONOMIC PLAN.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    Yeah, right. *snicker*

Honestly tho, he's a wiz with the snow scoop! He also does a mean brake job and makes a wonderful cajun blackened red snapper!

Well all of that is great. Just hope you don't wear him out before he gets to retire.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    The implications of this are beyond belief. Really just think about this, Malahat "teaching" crews of bright faced young kids in the "proper" use of a snow blower. I think as this knowledge spreads Canada will become a third world country who's economy will be IF YOU CAN WADE THROUGH THE SNOW AND CATCH IT YOU CAN EAT IT ECONOMIC PLAN.
    Ah yes, my young Padewan Friend. In actual fact, you misunderstand the import of my last post. I WAS the bright faced young "kid" in the crowd.

As per all army operations, if one has not been "trained in its use", one is not permitted to use a specific piece of equipment, even though you may have the exact model sitting in your own shed. However, in my case, the motorized equipment in my shed consists of my lawnmower, weed whacker and my Huski chainsaw. All snow removal equipment is strictly hand powered.

Thread Information