MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hello from the Northshore...

... of Lake Pontchartrain ( We border New Orleans )

I have been away from firehouse.com for a long time. Just getting reaquainted.

A little about myself... Joined the fire service in 1982 as a Jr. Firefighter and never left the service although changed departments a couple of times. Working on the 21st year of my career in fire service and currently serving as the Chief of Training and Safety. I work for a Fire Protection District that covers a population of approximately 89k with 7 stations with 140+ career members.

Over my career I have been "into" Technical Rescue, ALS, Hazmat, and teaching. Guess it was a natural fit to spend my final few years in the service in Training. I still get to repond to calls as the dept Safety Officer but I'm now on the outside lookin in, dont put on Level A and rarely get to put on a harness. Plenty of younger guys for that. I dont work on ambulances any more, but still get to do ALS first response from time to time.

I am also a sworn LEO just for fun.

Steve

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello my fellow Brother in Blue! Pull up a chair grab a cup of coffee and stay a while. Oh and welcome back.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Thread Information